Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by bamorris2 View Post
    It would be really appreciated if someone did a video of them installing on their 2018 CX-9.
    Sorry only have a pair of hands doing the install. Like I said, if you got the parts removal instruction, it's not too bad. Most parts are snap on like lego. The hardest part is to get the cable from the back to the mid front seat section inside the panel.

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Glad you guys are getting it done. For some reason, I can't seem to source the parts at all. Every dealer I've contacted just says "sorry, can't sell them to you".

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport MT / 2016 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD

Even Priority Mazda Parts? People report that non-Mazda6 VINs work. But you can also in principle supply a (publicly available!) VIN numbers of a 2018 Mazda 6 on a nearby dealer's lot.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9

Google map on Carplay. More reasons to get that upgrade install.
    [url]https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/18/17875256/apple-ios-12-carplay-google-maps-waze-support-third-party-navigation[/

Quote Originally Posted by Eric89GXL View Post
    Even Priority Mazda Parts? People report that non-Mazda6 VINs work. But you can also in principle supply a (publicly available!) VIN numbers of a 2018 Mazda 6 on a nearby dealer's lot.
    Yep, thereís not even an option to buy now. See below:

Guess everyone has caught on.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-9

I mean, what's the problem letting customers buy these to install themselves? Yes, I'm sure there will be some small percentage of extra service appointments to fix something a customer screwed up while trying to self-install, but that surely is outweighed by the goodwill and "cool uncle" factor that Mazda achieves by letting folks tinker on the cars themselves, right?

2016 CX-9 Signature Machine Gray / 2018 MX-5 GT Machine Gray

Guess I was lucky... I should get my kit from Priority Mazda today. Didnít even have to put in a VIN with my order. Iíll be installing it this weekend.

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

It appears to still be available on Priority Mazda, but price just went up a bit from where it had been last couple of weeks. I hope it comes back down again when others get supplies and the ďbanĒ is lifted. Iíll still need to get another kit for our Miata. Note that even though the product description says that VIN is required, when you go to the checkout page it just says VIN recommended if you want to confirm compatibility. When I purchased I left that VIN box blank and had no issues getting my order processed/shipped.

https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/o...-kit-00008fz34
    Last edited by phxzoom; 09-19-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Registered Member

CX9

One question.. will installing these ourselves void the CPO warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by gocx9123 View Post
    One question.. will installing these ourselves void the CPO warranty?
    No. These are genuine Mazda parts. Youíd be doing just what theyíd be doing.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by starlessblack View Post
    I mean, what's the problem letting customers buy these to install themselves? Yes, I'm sure there will be some small percentage of extra service appointments to fix something a customer screwed up while trying to self-install, but that surely is outweighed by the goodwill and "cool uncle" factor that Mazda achieves by letting folks tinker on the cars themselves, right?
    I think they're "withholding" the parts until they are able to meet the initial demand of those wanting to do the dealer upgrade for the promotional price on selected models. When dealers are able to offer the upgrade to other models, they will likely start releasing the parts on their own again.

Quote Originally Posted by phxzoom View Post
    It appears to still be available on Priority Mazda, but price just went up a bit from where it had been last couple of weeks. I hope it comes back down again when others get supplies and the *ban* is lifted. I*ll still need to get another kit for our Miata. Note that even though the product description says that VIN is required, when you go to the checkout page it just says VIN recommended if you want to confirm compatibility. When I purchased I left that VIN box blank and had no issues getting my order processed/shipped.

https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/o...-kit-00008fz34
    Nice find! Looks like they made the individual parts "unavailable" and then created a "kit" composed of the same two parts (bumped up the price by $40) and sold it that way.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX9

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    Nice find! Looks like they made the individual parts "unavailable" and then created a "kit" composed of the same two parts (bumped up the price by $40) and sold it that way.
    I agree.. previously I couldn't even find it. Hmm at this point I am tempted to buy this Mazda6 kit and try installing it myself as well. A bit disappointed in these guys' bumping up prices though, but since nobody else is selling it I guess its their price to deal with.

Btw, speaking to a dealer local to my area about retrofit kits, they hadn't the faintest clue of what I was talking about. "Retro what?"

My guess is.. even if they do make it available, it will be around the 400 dollar mark with parts and labor..

I ordered the kit from Priority last Sunday when it was still going for $162 ($183 shipped to Phx). I got it in the mail today... so I have some work to do this weekend!!!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213