Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Montana/Arizona

2018.5 CX-9 AWD GT

Thanks. When I heard that the 2018 CX-9 ( and others) could be updated it made the 2018 at a lower price more desirable because it seems to be the number one knock on these pre-2019 cars. I have it in my Corvette. I use it occasionally but I can stream my Spotify just using bluetooth so it's not that big a deal to me but it is to many others so it's a major upgrade in my book and I'd probably pay for it if I had to.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

New to the forum and a first time Mazda owner.

Purchased a 2018 CX-9 GT right after Thanksgiving and the dealer threw in the Apple CarPlay upgrade.

Love the car, and like Apple CarPlay. However, the infotainment system is VERY sluggish when first starting up. In fact, just yesterday, I drive 7 blocks (25mph) before the infotainment was responsive to any commands (Mazda connect, not even using CarPlay).

Anyone else seen this? Or is this a known issue for Mazda infotainment system.

Just want to ask around before making an appointment for service at the dealer.

Thanks!

2018 Mazda6, CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by tke711 View Post
    New to the forum and a first time Mazda owner.

Purchased a 2018 CX-9 GT right after Thanksgiving and the dealer threw in the Apple CarPlay upgrade.

Love the car, and like Apple CarPlay. However, the infotainment system is VERY sluggish when first starting up. In fact, just yesterday, I drive 7 blocks (25mph) before the infotainment was responsive to any commands (Mazda connect, not even using CarPlay).

Anyone else seen this? Or is this a known issue for Mazda infotainment system.

Just want to ask around before making an appointment for service at the dealer.

Thanks!

Normal performance is around 7-10 seconds from startup where the legal screen clears and you can begin to navigate screen. A bit longer if connecting direct to Bluetooth.

2018 CX-9 Signature
    2018 Mazda 6 GT Reserve

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Normal performance is around 7-10 seconds from startup where the legal screen clears and you can begin to navigate screen. A bit longer if connecting direct to Bluetooth.
    Thanks!

Some days thatís about right, but others itís much slower. Canít change radio stations even on the steering wheel controls for up to 30-60 seconds at times. The only thing that works is the volume nob next to the shifter.

The problem seems to be especially noticeable if I turn off the car while CarPlay is active and then start the car back up the next day without the phone plugged in. Iím now in the habit of exiting CarPlay before turning the car off.

However, even that doesnít solve the problem routinely. Seems hit or miss as to how long the system hangs.

Also, is it normal for phone contacts to sync every time I start the car? I see the contacts downloading bar on the top of the Mazda connect screen on every startup.

2018 Mazda6, CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by tke711 View Post
    Thanks!

Some days that*s about right, but others it*s much slower. Can*t change radio stations even on the steering wheel controls for up to 30-60 seconds at times. The only thing that works is the volume nob next to the shifter.

The problem seems to be especially noticeable if I turn off the car while CarPlay is active and then start the car back up the next day without the phone plugged in. I*m now in the habit of exiting CarPlay before turning the car off.

However, even that doesn*t solve the problem routinely. Seems hit or miss as to how long the system hangs.

Also, is it normal for phone contacts to sync every time I start the car? I see the contacts downloading bar on the top of the Mazda connect screen on every startup
    Yes, that's normal.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

Yes, that's normal.
    Thanks again! At least I now wonít look stupid bringing it up to my service tech. Lol.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 GT

My 19 GT does this as well, which I bought at the end of September and has 3500 miles on it. I find it borderline unacceptable for this level and price of car and will mention it when I bring it to the dealer for my first oil change next month. Most days I can't change the station or adjust the audio source for 2-3 minutes after start up. Also, usually the system does not even allow me to switch to 360 view camera when backing out of the garage after starting the car. The reverse camera comes on, but pressing the selector knob has no effect. For those who have not experienced the 360 camera, if you press the selector knob when the rear camera is on, it is supposed to switch to a split screen 360 view/rear view. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. It is generally super sluggish to "boot up" after starting the vehicle. I'm sure they will tell me it is operating normally, but I wonder if there is anything they can do from a firmware standpoint.

Montana/Arizona

2018.5 CX-9 AWD GT

Dealer installed the Carplay on my 2018 GT as part of the sale. It seems to work great so far. WAZE is very good to have and looks great on the screen. Glad its on the car as this seems to be paramount to have these days. Pretty soon no new cars will be able to charge for factory nav. Surprised they still do on premium trims.

Registered Member

2016 CX-9 GT

Question: when I have my phone connected and want to switch from music playing on my phone back to the radio, how do I do that?

When I go back to the Mazda infotainment and select radio I just get silence until I unplug my phone. What am I doing wrong?

Registered Member

2018 CX9 Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    Question: when I have my phone connected and want to switch from music playing on my phone back to the radio, how do I do that?

When I go back to the Mazda infotainment and select radio I just get silence until I unplug my phone. What am I doing wrong?
    I utilize the Favorites Button (need to program) for switching back and forth. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Registered Member

2016 CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Azeke View Post
    I utilize the Favorites Button (need to program) for switching back and forth. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
    I too have my radio favorites programmed, but even when I select them they do not play. This is after listening to music off the phone.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 GT

Did the latest Android update (Samsung S9) break Google Maps in AA for anyone else? All I get is lost GPS signal messages and that I should check the notification on my phone. There is no notification for me to check.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728