2018 CX9 iPhone Texting function

Mombee

:
CX9
Hello I am a newbie to the forum; however, lurking and reading post for a month or so. I received my new 2018 CX9 Signature yesterday and trying to get used to the infotainment system. I commute close
to an hour twice daily and rely on my phone for work and keeping in contact with my kids/hubby. My phone connected well in my two previous Subarus and I am having a terrible time trying to get my phone to connect in the text messaging area of the system. Any pointers or am I SOL
Until Apple CarPlay?? Any pointers? TIA

I had the same issue and there is a thread a few threads down that explains what I had to do to get my infotainment screen to receive texts from my iPhone 8 but here is the gist. Also, remember to turn on notifications in your iPhone Bluetooth Mazda setting. The steps below are to be followed on your iPhone:

Settings
Notifications
Where it says "Alerts", I had to enable "Show on Lock Screen" and "Show in History". This ultimately was the piece to the puzzle that was preventing me from receiving texts through the infotainment screen. Now when I get a text in the car, it also reads it aloud...nice!

Okay that was very helpful...I can now receive but cannot reply or send new text is there more to this once you get the system to receive?
Again TIA!!

Okay that was very helpful...I can now receive but cannot reply or send new text is there more to this once you get the system to receive?
Again TIA!!

I'm not for sure but I don't think the system will allow you to reply or send texts from the infotainment system as it is a safety concern while driving?

Ugh that’s terrible! I was able to easily send voice generated texts in my 2014 and 2016 Subaru’s...going to have to figure out a work around. Even my hubby’s F150 allows voice replies.

Back