If you want android: you might like this

looks pretty sweet. I have a iPhone and i would need a android phone to do this as its some sort of screen mirroring type more then android auto?

I think a lot of people would be willing to do this is there was a tutorial.

its not screen mirroring. It has nothing to do with my phone actually.

Last edited:
I watched again. Looks like the chinese breakout boxes that plug in and have their own version of android. Your phone is the hotspot so this android box has internet, but you are not actually using your phone for anything else.

I dont need another version of android to maintain. And now thhat google says they will block unauthorized versions of android from downloading google apps, this thing could be obsolete soon.

I think the TS is a seller of the interface. It looks okay but for $500 I'd rather get a tablet instead. A few more months the price will definitely go down. It looks like an Android media player except it can be controlled by our commander knob, which is definitely a plus for us.

Sorry guys no tin foil conspiracy here jeje just was working. Emails looks like I'm working the forum looks to obvious on the screen. Anyway Im off now. Alpha good work, I have something kinda similar but not that thing on the link. I never bought it off a Chinese website or the like. Similar concept tho. I bought my cx-5 about 3 weeks ago. For me android auto was a big deal and the dealer told me "oh don't worry they will be adding AA very soon" behind his back I googled if this was true and came across some youtube videos showing how simple it was to add...…..well I didn't know that was for the old firmware versions. I was so disappointed. I had tried AA before and really liked it. I even passed on a tesla which I thought was the holy grail until I really started to learn about it. Don't get me wrong I think they are so cool but theres a few things I was like "wtf" how can this car not have this....I'll explain. For one tesla doesn't have android auto, it has the huge screen but you cant use android auto you also cant download apps, you cant watch movies, you cant even do "ok google" obviously there is no youtube and stuff like that. I tried talking to the tech guy at the center and he explained that they "are very proud the system cant be hacked" to make it do those things. There was so many other things like the usbs in the car are not 2.1amp they are regular normal ones that barely charge. The road noise is louder by a very noticeable difference to the 2018 cx-5 (I tested the model x) the steering makes noise when turning it all the way and clanks. The model I was interested in buying was the 2018 model X with the upgraded sound system and it was not as nice to my ears as the bose system in the cx-5 (especially when not locked into mazdas limits for it). The self driving features were also disappointing . It doesn't do hard turns, 90 degree turns, doesn't recognize red lights, it basically does the same as the cx-5 start and stop with traffic and keep you in the lanes it can read (it does this part better then the cx-5). I would love to have a tesla but I will wait a little longer and let it evolve a little as my fear was to buy one and then very soon see a new model with something I want but be locked into a lease for years. Anyway I realized that with android auto I couldn't watch youtube or amazon prime for example, there was still going to be limits. So looking around I met a guy who programs these interfaces himself and began to explain what I wanted and I tried it. I decided to try it because it would not void my warranty. There was no cutting wires or anything basically just pull apart some trim pieces get to the unit and plug in. All the mazda stuff is untouched and ready if the day ever comes when mazda updates to AA themselves. There is no fears about firmware versions or anything like that. I just hit a button when I want android and another when I want Mazda. All my apps update including google play services and Basically I have a big android tablet on my screen with google maps, waze, "ok google", youtube, and stuff like that. Its pretty cool and makes the system sound great. If anyone is really interested in having the same and would like me to make a step by step Vid on how to install it I can. I can also help anyone who wants one get one. I live in the usa and am a normal person. I personally never sent my money out to china and hoped to get something back. If anyone lives in the los angeles area we could even meet and I can help you with the install. I just like tech stuff and hope I can help

Why not just do the AIO Tweak and use the Android Auto App that it gives you?
AIO Tweak is free.

Back