2015 GS Text message issue

Oblivion247

:
2015 Cx5 GS
Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone might able to help. I am able to get a text message notification on the screen and it apparently downloads it. When I click on the message, it won't show. I've got a Galaxy S6 w/ Android 7.0

Yea, to protect yourself from killing yourself, Mazda disables the ability to read them on screen when you're moving.
Do you happen to know what version your software is on? Because there is a way around this. ;)

It happens when I'm not driving. I'll click on the message and nothing happens. It won't even read it aloud when I click on that button. How would I go about checking the software version? Thanks.

Oh. Hm. It should work when you're not moving. Somethings wrong. Have you tried repairing your phone?
Muck around in the settings on the infotainment, the version is listed in there.

I have an Iphone 5SE and the infotainment will read the incoming message out loud but it will not allow me to reply to it. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting to enable a reply?

You can't use the car iyself to reply or send texts. Major shortcoming imo.

That's another reason why I did the AIO Tweak. Now I or my passenger can see the text message while driving.

The AIO tweak makes the Infotainment system so much better than what Mazda offers from the factory.

Back