Front right-hand door Bose speaker buzz on 2017 CX9

mifanning

:
2017 Mazda CX9 Signature in machine gray
I recently added polyfill and sound damping material to the Bose subwoofer enclosure in the spare wheel well of my '17 CX9. It worked great and I have tamed the unruly bass response. But I now have a problem with my front right-hand door speaker, which buzzes a bit on songs with HEAVY bass. On low to moderate bass, the speaker works fine. I am thinking I might have to add some sound damping to that speaker/door or just make sure the screws are well secured. Anyone have any luck with removing the grill to examine the front right-hand door speaker? I have not tried yet and perhaps it is a simple process.

Any update to this thread? I have the same issue with an occasional hum/buzz from the either the front passenger dash speaker or door speaker. I havent tried narrowing it down yet.

does it sound like a buzzing or a light metal jiggiling? Mine sounds like a washer jingiling every once in a while.

Any update to this thread? I have the same issue with an occasional hum/buzz from the either the front passenger dash speaker or door speaker. I haven*t tried narrowing it down yet.

Try applying some pressure to the door panel to see if that eliminates the buzz/rattle. Mine does it when I have the audio cranked (40 or higher). If it goes away with the pressure, it may just be a loose screw or wire that needs to be put back in place. Anyone have any instructions for removing the driver's side door panel?

I have the same problem on both front doors with heavy bass, any solutions yet? I’m thinking in going to the dealer to get help with this

I would first try to determine if it is component issue or mounting issue.
Does the buzz continue when you open the door?
Does the sound change if you push on the door panel?
Is the sound all the time or mostly with bass combinations like a Sax , bass guitar and bass drum all at the same time?
Or is more from music with a quick hit to the bass drum?
Or the long bass from some rap type music?
Does the sound change if you lower the bass setting ?

If yes to any of these it is likely the need for some cushions or sound deadener material installed.
You will know right away if you remove the door panel and the "buzz" sound is gone.

If after you remove the panel and the buzz sound is still present try carefully pushing on the outer ring or cage of the speaker and see if the sound goes away. If so add a cushion. If not then the speaker may be at fault?

Hope that it is nothing more then these because the next thing is the amplifier or control head unit.

The factory Bose 9" door subwoofers have had issues with the rubber spider detaching from the speaker frame. Some people have had to glue it back together. It is usually caused by water damage. I actually had one of mine blow, voice coil fell apart. I replaced it as well as the other subwoofers in the car. I also treated the doors with closed cell foam and sound deadener and it helped tremendously.

https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/finally-replaced-the-stock-bose-3-subwoofers.123877438/

Back