Oil drain hex size CX-5 2017 GT

Parcer0

:
Mazda CX-5 2017 GT
I tried to do the oil change today for my CX-5 2017 GT. I watched a recent YouTube video on how to do the oil change and everything was spot on but the bit it recommended to use.. Granted the video was for a 2016 model.. See link for amazon at the end. I purchased it and used it with my 1/4 drive.. But the hex bit was too small for the oil drain pan.. I've spent some time online and can't find anybody that says the bit needed for the oil drain pan of the 2017 CX-5.. If you know please help out this lost soul find its way.. If you can provide and amazon link for this tool even better.. Thanks in advance!

Bit on link below is too small for the oil drain pan..

TEKTON 1373 3/8-Inch Drive by 1/4-Inch Hex Bit Socket, Cr-V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NY8O5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hYdUAbZ1GZ7S9

I can't open the link you provided, so I don't know what it's to. But the drain plug hex is 8mm on gen 1 engines and I seriously doubt it's been changed on the newer cars. You should be using a 3/8" drive ratchet for this and a small (12-13") torque wrench set at 25 pnd/ft or so (that's what the setting is for the earlier models).

⋯ I've spent some time online and can't find anybody that says the bit needed for the oil drain pan of the 2017 CX-5.. If you know please help out this lost soul find its way.. If you can provide and amazon link for this tool even better.. Thanks in advance!

Bit on link below is too small for the oil drain pan..

TEKTON 1373 3/8-Inch Drive by 1/4-Inch Hex Bit Socket, Cr-V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NY8O5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hYdUAbZ1GZ7S9
Should always come over Mazdas247 to find the how-to's. For CX-5 oil change, even for 2017 CX-5, read this first as the oil change is exactly the same between gen-1 and gen-2 CX-5:

CX-5 Oil Change with Filter

Yeah I can't open the Amazon link either. But the title says it's Tekton ⅜" drive by " hex bit socket which is definitely too small as it's equivalent to 6.35mm hex bit but the CX-5 drain plug needs 8mm hex:
prod_1955550012

You can go to Sears to get a single Craftsman 8mm hex socket, or a set of ⅜" drive metric hex bit sockets which include a 8mm hex. Or get cheaper set from Harbor Freight Tools. From Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Should always come over Mazdas247 to find the how-to's. For CX-5 oil change, even for 2017 CX-5, read this first as the oil change is exactly the same between gen-1 and gen-2 CX-5:

CX-5 Oil Change with Filter

Yeah I can't open the Amazon link either. But the title says it's Tekton ⅜" drive by " hex bit socket which is definitely too small as it's equivalent to 6.35mm hex bit but the CX-5 drain plug needs 8mm hex:

You can go to Sears to get a single Craftsman 8mm hex socket, or a set of ⅜" drive metric hex bit sockets which include a 8mm hex. Or get cheaper set from Harbor Freight Tools. From Amazon?

++

Thanks a lot!! Will buy the one from amazon you pointed me to.. I appreciate everyone for taking the time to respond to my post!

Back