SOLVED P0131 and P2177

fantom71

:
2007 Mazda 5 Sport
This is my first post to these boards although i have been a long term "lurker". I figured this would be a good time to add back to the community.

About two months ago, my 2007 Mz5 threw a CEL. A quick scan showed 0131 and 2177. I cleared them but they came back within a day, so i knew i had a "real" issue. I used the shotgun approach and cleaned/recharged the K&N drop in air filter, cleaned MAF sensor, cleaned throttle body and replaced upstream O2 sensor. So, for less than $50 and about 1 hour in labor i have been CEL free or over 1000 miles. I used the CRC MAF and throttle body cleaners, Kwiksen 234-4396 O2 sensor from Amazon, a little anti-seize on the O2 threads and had the K&N cleaner/recharger on hand. For the O2 sensor, i used some PB Blaster the day before (please make sure the exhaust manifold is at room temperature!) and used the borrowed O2 sensor tool from O'Rieleys.

I guess since this is my first post, i should introduce myself. I have a 2007 5 speed Mz5 that i purchased new with 7 miles on the clock. It now has 184k. Everything is original except the K&N drop in air filter and after-market stereo system. For repairs i have replaced the thermostat, the above mentioned upstream O2 sensors, TWO oil coolers (and it is leaking again!!!) and consumables like oil, tires, breaks etc. I have also gotten 26.4 mpg over the life of the car. All in all, the best car i have ever had.

Items on the to do list are: all suspension parts (struts, bushings, links etc), replace that dam* oil cooler AGAIN, track down a slow leak in my AC refrigerant system and my clutch is just starting to squeak under low speed, low torque situations (its the original clutch so its had a good life).

Hope this helps someone like other posts on this board have helped me,
ds

Back