WRX seats, How to

:
00 Protg LX
SO... the whispers of the interwebs, says these seats are direct bolt in. the answer is yes and no

so i pick up this set of WRX seats off facebook for well under $100. since i was unsure if they world fit or not. they didn't need to be prefect not going into a show car just a rallycross car.

so the front feet are what you need to modify. I used a pair of channel locks to match the angle of the stock seats. than I used a drill and egged out the hole side to side because the front feet are narrower. When you go to install you may need to pry a bit to get the front to match the holes. The rear feet bolt right in nothing need to be done

I change out my seat belt clip to the Mazda out but the Subaru one works fine just a matter for swapping the connector. That what my plan was but I need to unbolt the clip for my eye hook for my corbeau harness

finale thought: I love theses seats they are comfortable IMO. they hold you in place in the turns far better than the OEM seat.
when installing it easier to have a 2nd person to help with seat placement, also put all 4 bolts in loosely before cranking down fully
these seats are from a 03 WRX. but 02-07 WRX, STI, Impreza or Forester seats SHOULD fit. not sure but i believe the outback ones are different.

I've been planing to do this too.Got the same 02-03 WRX seats and wondered did you just bend the last inch or two to get the angle correct?
Looks like the side bars would make that kinda difficult with out bulging.
Also do you have an after picture of the 2 front mounts of the WRX seats with the modification finished?
Send me a PM if you like

Something else i read was to unzip the back to get to the springs and undo the top spring or two and bend/curve the metal bars across the back so you sit further back in the seat.
Thanks for the write up.

Last edited:
Huh, fancy that!

Do you know if first generation WRX seats would fit as well, or are they the exact same?

One thing I learned from autocross is that I had to really make up for not having stable seating. I was leaning and bracing myself all over the place...

Huh, fancy that!

Do you know if first generation WRX seats would fit as well, or are they the exact same?

One thing I learned from autocross is that I had to really make up for not having stable seating. I was leaning and bracing myself all over the place...

I'm pretty sure that the 1st Gen impreza(GC) will fit as well. But yes you can brace yourself but you be exhausted after full day of racing. The a harness even with a OEM seat makes a huge difference

Last edited:
Good to know, since I got a bud who may or may not part out this 2.5 RS.

I investigated other WRX seats fitting in the car, and I can confirm that 2006 seats do indeed fit as well.

(Video of 2006 WRX seats in a 3rd gen Protege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4k76N5bKOc&index=1&list=LLA5zmekCzx3EK-udhGouCBw&t=0s)

Finally, I had one last question, if you've the patience: is it also compatible with 2001-2003 Protege5s? I don't think there should be much of a difference between the seat mounts/seats (if any), but I'd rather not hazard a guess and end up with a massive paperweight.

Thanks man!

Last edited:
Good to know, since I got a bud who may or may not part out this 2.5 RS.

I investigated other WRX seats fitting in the car, and I can confirm that 2006 seats do indeed fit as well.

(Video of 2006 WRX seats in a 3rd gen Protege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4k76N5bKOc&index=1&list=LLA5zmekCzx3EK-udhGouCBw&t=0s)

Finally, I had one last question, if you've the patience: is it also compatible with 2001-2003 Protege5s? I don't think there should be much of a difference between the seat mounts/seats (if any), but I'd rather not hazard a guess and end up with a massive paperweight.

Thanks man!

front protege sedan and protege5 seats are identical. the rears are a bit different but seen people fitting sedan rear seats into a p5 too.

I've been planing to do this too.Got the same 02-03 WRX seats and wondered did you just bend the last inch or two to get the angle correct?
Looks like the side bars would make that kinda difficult with out bulging.
Also do you have an after picture of the 2 front mounts of the WRX seats with the modification finished?
Send me a PM if you like

Something else i read was to unzip the back to get to the springs and undo the top spring or two and bend/curve the metal bars across the back so you sit further back in the seat.
Thanks for the write up.

Back