Water in back

Haasdaddy18

:
Proteg5
I seem to have a pond of water in my spare tire well does anyone else have this or had this? If so whats a good fix other then just draining it I dont want a rust issue.

I noticed this too. I have no idea how it's getting back there. i think there was a rubber drain plug under it and i just removed it so the water doesn't have the chance to sit there for a long time.

Some guys found it was coming in around the rear light fixtures. They removed them and put rubber washers on the bolts and some silicone around the fixture and seal.

I just cut a small notch in my drain plug. I didn't want that big of a hole under the spare tire.

i put rubber washers before putting the nuts for the tail lights back on. been over a year and my spare tire area has been dry.

mine is dry, always has been. but my old corolla would fill the spare tire well and the sides behind the panels full of water. I just used a punch and popped a couple 1/4" holes in the bottom so it could drain and never had a problem again lol

In that case... I'd recommend to the original poster to leave it alone. Eventually it appears the P5 will fix itself of those pesky water leaks!

Back