Lowering springs for MSP?

:
Calgary
:
Blue MP3, Grey MSP
Hey guys. New here to the community so sorry if it takes a bit of time for me to get the hang of things.

I have a 03.5 MSP that I've been driving around for a bit just as a daily but haven't really done anything to it aside from intake and a muffler. This summer I thought I'd get some lowering springs for it just to improve the look a bit since the wheel gap has been somewhat bothering me. I'm not too concerned about ride quality, I have a Lexus for long trips. While looking around at different brands, there seems to be an inconclusive answer to whether lowering springs for a normal Protege would fit on a Mazdaspeed version.

The Manzo and Megan Racing springs say that they are NOT compatible with the MSP while the Tein, H&R, and Eibach springs are compatible with either regular Protege or the MSP. However I noticed that the former drop the car a bit more than the latter, about a 2 inch drop versus the 1.5 inch drop that the former brands give you.

The former ones are noticeably cheaper, and I would like the lower drop, but do they really not work with the MSP? Price being pretty important because the Teins are literally twice as much as the Megans when I'm on quite a strict budget. Is it because it physically won't fit or because it'd make the car too low and cause rubbing? Are any of you guys running lowering springs on your MSP and if so what kind?

Hey guys. New here to the community so sorry if it takes a bit of time for me to get the hang of things.

I have a 03.5 MSP that I've been driving around for a bit just as a daily but haven't really done anything to it aside from intake and a muffler. This summer I thought I'd get some lowering springs for it just to improve the look a bit since the wheel gap has been somewhat bothering me. I'm not too concerned about ride quality, I have a Lexus for long trips. While looking around at different brands, there seems to be an inconclusive answer to whether lowering springs for a normal Protege would fit on a Mazdaspeed version.

The Manzo and Megan Racing springs say that they are NOT compatible with the MSP while the Tein, H&R, and Eibach springs are compatible with either regular Protege or the MSP. However I noticed that the former drop the car a bit more than the latter, about a 2 inch drop versus the 1.5 inch drop that the former brands give you.

The former ones are noticeably cheaper, and I would like the lower drop, but do they really not work with the MSP? Price being pretty important because the Teins are literally twice as much as the Megans when I'm on quite a strict budget. Is it because it physically won't fit or because it'd make the car too low and cause rubbing? Are any of you guys running lowering springs on your MSP and if so what kind?

The mazdaspeed protege has the spring perch located at a different height on its rear shocks. If you mix and match regular protege springs with mazdaspeed shocks, the ride height will be wrong, vise versa if you use msp springs with protege shocks. Road Magnet was the only company I've heard of offering MSP specific springs and to my knowledge eibach, tein, megan all fit regular protege shocks. I ran eibachs on a p5 and sedan, the height is perfect for street driving.

My advise would be to go with eibachs and some new shocks. KYB's can be had for cheap.

C BNG
Bn ang tm ko cc c bng Online hp dn? Ti sao khng th* cho Win2888 mt c hi?

Vi u im vt tri l* a dng hnh thc, d chi, t l n cao, an to*n tuyt i, c hi nh*n n nhng phn thng ln, c bng online trn Win2888 ang l* s la chn h*ng u ca nhiu ngi chi.

Win2888, bn s c c*p nh*t y mi thng tin chi tit nht v cc tr*n cu ny l*a n t cc chu lc khc nhau. Ni b*t nht l* cc tr*n u ca cc cu lc b thng tr bng Chu u, Nam M, ..cc tr*n u qua cc ma gii.

Tham gia c vi nh* ci Win2888 uy t*n vi quy m ln, c bo m*t y thng tin c nhn, an to*n tuyt i. Hn na c banh online mang t l n cao v* c hi nh*n c chng trnh khuyn mi, phn thng ln t nh* c

win2888 ng nh*p win2888 link vao win2888

I know it's spam, but feels kinda odd that I actually somewhat understand the first sentence, since I'm Vietnamese haha

The mazdaspeed protege has the spring perch located at a different height on its rear shocks. If you mix and match regular protege springs with mazdaspeed shocks, the ride height will be wrong, vise versa if you use msp springs with protege shocks. Road Magnet was the only company I've heard of offering MSP specific springs and to my knowledge eibach, tein, megan all fit regular protege shocks. I ran eibachs on a p5 and sedan, the height is perfect for street driving.

My advise would be to go with eibachs and some new shocks. KYB's can be had for cheap.

Is the spring perch only different on the rear? If so, would you happen to know what'd be the actual result if protege springs were used on an MSP? Would the rear be higher or lower?

Back