Disabling Motion safety lock?

Are you referring to accessing the Touch screen while the vehicle is in motion? Not that I know of ...

You can use the MZD AIO to disable the touchscreen lock in addition to many other tweaks including android auto. However, if your CMU software is version 502 or higher the install process is a bit more involved.

You can use the MZD AIO to disable the touchscreen lock in addition to many other tweaks including android auto. However, if your CMU software is version 502 or higher the install process is a bit more involved.

If you disable the touchscreen lock then the compass in the LCD cluster will not work since it is only activated when the vehicle is in motion.

If you disable the touchscreen lock then the compass in the LCD cluster will not work since it is only activated when the vehicle is in motion.

I don't think those two things are related...

MZD AIO changes the system setting the turns on the touchscreen lock, it doesn't try to convince the car that it isn't in motion...

Matt, I already disabled the motion safety lock on my CX-9 '17 using MZD-AIO-TI and my compass in the instrument LCD cluster doesn't work anymore. Basically, the AIO tweaks give you to options when disabling the lock. By default, when the car reach 5 mph the touchscreen is disabled including ceartain functions like entering an address in the nav or displaying your text messages for example. You will see those option grayed-out as you may know. So, when you install the "Touchscreen while moving" tweak, without the 'Fix Cluster Compass' option, you can use the touchscreen and access those motion restricted options, but your compass in the cluster will not work . If you enable the 'Fix Cluster Compass' option then you can touch the screen while moving but all restricted options will remain restricted, which in my opinion, defeats the purpose of been able to enter an address while the car is moving, but the compass will work.

Here is a copy of the warning when you install the tweak with the 'Fix Cluster Compass' option:

"Choosing the 'Fix Cluster Compass' option WILL NOT enable features that are disabled while driving, only touchscreen functionality will be enabled.
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW TEXT MESSAGES, ENTER AN ADDRESS INTO NAVIGATION, OR USE ANY OTHER FEATURES NORMALLY DISABLED WHILE DRIVING IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION!"

Last edited:
Back