2018 CX-9 Excessive exhaust smoke and water dripping

:
2018 CX-9 GT
Anyone else have issues with their CX-9 with excessive exhaust smoke and water dripping while worming up engine? Lately mines has been emitting lot of white smoke and water droplets from both tail pipes while worming up the engine in the morning. Temps at night time have been around -10 degrees Celsius and my car is parked outside on driveway. Mines is at around 7200 KM mileage and due for service soon so just wanted to see if this is normal or not.

Normal. One of the by-products of combustion is steam. I would recommend against worming (sic) the engine up.(boom07)

Well with our climate in Canada, worming up engine to operating temps in colds mornings is necessary. The level of smoke and water coming just seems more then normal compared to cars I have owned before (none were turbo engine).

I understand. Yes, you will most likely need extra time to clear the windows and warm the cabin. Enjoy your new ride!

Well with our climate in Canada, worming up engine to operating temps in colds mornings is necessary. The level of smoke and water coming just seems more then normal compared to cars I have owned before (none were turbo engine).

Respectfully, I disagree with warming the engine up to operating temps on cold mornings. I used to live in Winnipeg and now live in Calgary. I believe it's better to start the car, give the RPMs 10-15 seconds to settle after the initial startup, then start driving. Usually, if its like -30 out (and my windows are clear), that exactly what I'll do. I don't push the car past 3k RPM until the engine has warmed up to operating temps. Driving the car for 5 mins under 3k RPM will actually warm the engine (and thus, the cabin) up faster than letting it idle for 15 mins, and its actually better for the engine as it isn't sitting in idle revving at 2k+ for 10+ minutes.

I have never heard of using worms in the engine to make it work better. This must be new technology: are worms applied externally or internally, and what kind of worms should work?

Sorry but I almost just dropped my baby from laughing so hard...worms...you guys are hilarious [emoji38]

I have never heard of using worms in the engine to make it work better. This must be new technology: are worms applied externally or internally, and what kind of worms should work?

Lol new green technology. Damm auto correct and rushed post from work.

I disagree with warming the engine up to operating temps on cold mornings. I used to live in Winnipeg and now live in Calgary. I believe it's better to start the car, give the RPMs 10-15 seconds to settle after the initial startup, then start driving.
YES!

As soon as the engine is running smoothly, drive it easy. That is the best way to warm it. Idling to warm the engine wastes gas, pollutes our air, and fouls the engine.

As said above, one of the major products of combustion is water. When the exhaust system is cold, the water that comes out is visible as vapor or drops. Gasoline is mainly a hydrocarbon--hydrogen and carbon. Complete combustion with the oxygen in the air would yield H2O and CO2...water and carbon dioxide. The water is what we see on a cold day.

Back