Engine oil pressure control circuit, low oil pressure

t0t0

:
Mazda 6 Skyactive-D 2.2
Hi. I have a problem with my mazda 6 skyactive-d 2.2 150hp 2013 (155000 km). I got several notifications/warnings on the board:
- Vehicle system inspection required
- (few days latter) Low oil pressure + engine inspection required.

When I stop the engine the master warning for low oil pressure is gone. Just the check engine light is on. I assume because an error code was written.

Checked the oil it is little bit above the max but below the X mark.

I drove the car for few more days without any problem. But yesterday I got the same low oil pressure warning few times during city driving.

The error code stored is P055F which is for "Engine oil pressure control circuit low oil pressure. The engine oil pressure is the specified value or less after the specified time has elapsed since the engine was started".

Did anyone have the same problem before? Could it be because of the oil /filter? Currently the car is with Castrol oil with ACEA C3 standard as required by mazda.

The other options I saw in the workshop guide are with the oil pressure sensor wiring, bad oil pressure sensor, bad oil pump, bad PCM etc..

Thanks.

Don't know if you're still around.

Did you get this sorted out?

Seems I have similar issue. I got the vehicle system inspection required warning. 400km in on a 800km journey in the middle of winter night.

Stopped engine, restart, no warning. Continued drive. Same warning again some time later. Did this a few times then it stopped displaying for what be 100km or more. Thought it a faulty sensor.

Got to my destination.
The next morning, 5mins into drive and Warning display "low oil pressure. Engine damage may occur. Etc" came on.

Found the local Mazda service centre that was 5mins drive away.

Asked them to have a look. Were busy, but got a fault read out. Control circuit stuck on.
The oil pressure tested to be very low.
They Suspect injector seal leak and blocked oil pickup. Recommended not to drive.

Flew home and transporting vehicle back home to have looked at locally and I can monitor/control what goes on before I end up with expenses I can't afford.

Hoping it is what they say and no engine damage!

My local independent service garage also used ACEA C3. But now looking at my manual, Mazda specify ACEA C1.
Oil level on dipstick was just under the X

Last edited:
Hi I have the same problem. Can you let me know what they did to fix it?

Don't know if you're still around.

Did you get this sorted out?

Seems I have similar issue. I got the vehicle system inspection required warning. 400km in on a 800km journey in the middle of winter night.

Stopped engine, restart, no warning. Continued drive. Same warning again some time later. Did this a few times then it stopped displaying for what be 100km or more. Thought it a faulty sensor.

Got to my destination.
The next morning, 5mins into drive and Warning display "low oil pressure. Engine damage may occur. Etc" came on.

Found the local Mazda service centre that was 5mins drive away.

Asked them to have a look. Were busy, but got a fault read out. Control circuit stuck on.
The oil pressure tested to be very low.
They Suspect injector seal leak and blocked oil pickup. Recommended not to drive.

Flew home and transporting vehicle back home to have looked at locally and I can monitor/control what goes on before I end up with expenses I can't afford.

Hoping it is what they say and no engine damage!

My local independent service garage also used ACEA C3. But now looking at my manual, Mazda specify ACEA C1.
Oil level on dipstick was just under the X

Hi

I'm having the same problem too, I was driving home and had a warning saying "low oil pressure, possible engine damage, check engine oil" the engine cut off and had to pull to the side of the road. minutes later, I started the car, same warning but can was running, drove home quarter of a mile away, now car in the Mazda garage waiting for results from diagnostic. Has anyone else had this problem and what was the fix was recommended.

Obviously stressful as don't want a large bill and engine damage to the car

Back