Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: '18 CX-9 and Fortin Remote Car Starter.... Success!

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by SCJ79 View Post
    Yes, check out Srad's 2nd photo in his post with the pictures above. The valet switch is the one between the hood pin switch and the harness in the baggie.
    Interesting - that looks long enough that you could leave it plugged in all the time? Is there a button at the end that you could press to temporarily disable?

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    That's good news. How is the range?
    This uses your existing key fob and antenna, so the range is exactly the same.

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

Thanks Srad. Yeah I figure now I can disable the remote start using the valet switch before any service is done. Was there a particular place underneath the dash that you installed the valet button or is it just hanging?
    I just left the button in the glove box. The way I secured the Evo, I should just be able to reach under the steering column and plug it in if necessary. But to be honest I'm not too concerned with it, the car will only run for only a few minutes (I believe the default is 7 min's) without input anyway, then it shuts down again.

Quote Originally Posted by MattGoose View Post
    Interesting - that looks long enough that you could leave it plugged in all the time? Is there a button at the end that you could press to temporarily disable?
    I believe that is the intent of the button. Plug it in, hide it (or just put it somewhere out of the way) and use as needed.
    Last edited by Srad600; 07-13-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Registered Member

I have the MyCar app and works well with the evo all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmeitz; 07-14-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD

Got the EVO-ONE installed and as Srad600 alluded to, the instructions are horrible. So are the option descriptions. That said, is there any way to shut off the annoying 3rd, 4th, and 5th honks as the remote start happens? I'm not sure which specific option does this but I've seen a Youtube video where there is no honk when the remote start is activated. I don't mind the 2nd honk as it is standard OEM but the successive honks are annoying and I'd rather not be advertising that my vehicle has started.

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    I just left the button in the glove box. The way I secured the Evo, I should just be able to reach under the steering column and plug it in if necessary. But to be honest I'm not too concerned with it, the car will only run for only a few minutes (I believe the default is 7 min's) without input anyway, then it shuts down again.

I believe that is the intent of the button. Plug it in, hide it (or just put it somewhere out of the way) and use as needed.
    Mine doesn't shut off, at all

Registered Member

CX-9

Got the EVO-ONE installed and as Srad600 alluded to, the instructions are horrible. So are the option descriptions. That said, is there any way to shut off the annoying 3rd, 4th, and 5th honks as the remote start happens? I'm not sure which specific option does this but I've seen a Youtube video where there is no honk when the remote start is activated. I don't mind the 2nd honk as it is standard OEM but the successive honks are annoying and I'd rather not be advertising that my vehicle has started.
    Just call Fortin - easiest way to get it done.

Mine doesn't shut off, at all
    Did you create that setting? From their literature, the car should run for a set interval then shut down unless someone intervenes.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX9

Regarding the Mycar add-on, did you install it yourself? If so was it easy?

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    Did you create that setting? From their literature, the car should run for a set interval then shut down unless someone intervenes.
    Nope, I just listened to the guy from Fortin.

Mine also only beeps when you press the lock button, not a bunch more times as it starts.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Touring

I saw this issue raised in some other threads/youtube videos: did you guys have issues finding a place to secure the EVO-One?

Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    I saw this issue raised in some other threads/youtube videos: did you guys have issues finding a place to secure the EVO-One?
    I didn't, there's a metal substructure right under the dash, next to where everything plugs in. I just attached the device to that with zip ties.

Nope, I just listened to the guy from Fortin.
    Mine also only beeps when you press the lock button, not a bunch more times as it starts.
    Sounds like customer service had you covered.
    Last edited by Srad600; 07-25-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2018 Mazda6, CX-9

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but Mazda now lists a remote start on their accessories page separate from Mazda remote start (app). This is actually a fob controlled system but only includes one standard fob. I imagine you can order a second. Under $500 installed. Anyone purchase this yet?

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned before but Mazda now lists a remote start on their accessories page separate from Mazda remote start (app). This is actually a fob controlled system but only includes one standard fob. I imagine you can order a second. Under $500 installed. Anyone purchase this yet?
    People hate it....

I don't recall where I found the reviews, here probably, but the app is buggy and slow and apparently not very accurate.

Any why would you pay $500 for that? This is like $200 and works with both your standard key. You can also add on other components to make it two way, but that requires a different fob.

2018 Mazda6, CX-9

People hate it....

I don't recall where I found the reviews, here probably, but the app is buggy and slow and apparently not very accurate.

Any why would you pay $500 for that? This is like $200 and works with both your standard key. You can also add on other components to make it two way, but that requires a different fob.
    Not the App. This is a new remote start just put up on Mazda's site. Operates with fob, not your phone. I know the phone app one sucks but this traditional set-up must be good and since it's from Mazda, if something goes wrong with the car it's on them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast