'18 CX-9 and Fortin Remote Car Starter...Success!

I Installed Evo-One and Maz3 on my 16 CX-9. Remote start works as it should, but I have an issue.
When remote start the vehicle and pressing push-to-start button, button light turns off as it should and vehicle can be driven normally.

But if I start the car normally (without using remote start) from push-to-start button, car starts normally but the push-to-start button light flashes amber... Car drives normally although the push-to-start light keeps flashing.
Anyone experience this?

Did that happen before you installed the system?

Does the amber light stay lit or flash? I'll look at mine next time I'm in the car but I'm like 99% sure that it does not flash - that would drive me nuts.

Did that happen before you installed the system?

Does the amber light stay lit or flash? I'll look at mine next time I'm in the car but I'm like 99% sure that it does not flash - that would drive me nuts.

The amber light flashes.
It never happened before, in fact I removed the harness (remote start) and reconnect everything back as from factory and works fine, no flashes. I’ve reconnected again back and same behavior. Is clearly something with the Evo-one or maybe I did not program it properly, however I’ve reprogram it few times already.

I have mine installed since last may. All working well

Including the one touch windows.

I lost no functionality

The amber light flashes.
It never happened before, in fact I removed the harness (remote start) and reconnect everything back as from factory and works fine, no flashes. I’ve reconnected again back and same behavior. Is clearly something with the Evo-one or maybe I did not program it properly, however I’ve reprogram it few times already.

Call Fortin direct and they'll fix you up.

My guess it you need to update the firmware on the module itself. Takes maybe 5 minutes total once you can get to the module.

I have mine installed since last may. All working well

Including the one touch windows.

I lost no functionality

That's weird that your windows didn't reset - appears to be related to disconnecting the battery, not the starter.

Glad to hear you had a good experience!

Finally, any quirks/alterations to the current system besides what was stated above in terms of the operation of the alarm, locking doors using the button on the handle, windows, etc?

Seems like many folks here have had success with this system. I can also vouch for Crutchfield, fantastic customer support if you choose to go this route.

Thanks MattGoose,

I called Fortin and they recommended to replace the harness.
I ordered a new harness and now everything works fine from the push-to-start button or remote start.

Thanks MattGoose,

I called Fortin and they recommended to replace the harness.
I ordered a new harness and now everything works fine from the push-to-start button or remote start.

Glad it worked out for you!

They are a company I wish I could give more business to.

Do you think there would be any issues or shortcomings using the THAR-MAZ1 T Harness and the EVO-ALL module? It appears to be compatible on Fortin's website. I have only seen info posted so fat about the THAR-MAZ3 / EVO-ONE. Would I be missing out on anything going with the cheaper evo-all / thar-maz1 option? It's like half the cost for from what I can gather, the same results. Thanks for looking!

Do you think there would be any issues or shortcomings using the THAR-MAZ1 T Harness and the EVO-ALL module? It appears to be compatible on Fortin's website. I have only seen info posted so fat about the THAR-MAZ3 / EVO-ONE. Would I be missing out on anything going with the cheaper evo-all / thar-maz1 option? It's like half the cost for from what I can gather, the same results. Thanks for looking!

Yeah - you miss out on plug and play!

The Maz3 is a complete harness and doesn't require and splicing/soldering or anything else.

Good luck!

Man, another project on the list! (cheers)
Just ordered the parts. Hopefully, I'll have time to get it installed next week sometime.

'18 CX-9 and Fortin Remote Car Starter.... Success!

Well, I received the parts today!
737dc90f8ca26e89273ab491de3955c5.jpg

6233c2e85b9144caddeaf7d6609ea60d.jpg

0355c1fa7a00076f88d1d8a6b506a168.jpg

0a8e17fb47b44c11fa07c35a8146bca7.jpg

I have to say the instructions are pretty bad...maybe not the worst I've seen, but pretty darn close. (rolleyes) The harness plugged in fine. The EVO ONE would not connect out of the box, it needed updating first (which was mentioned in this thread). After updating the firmware, plugging back into the car, connecting to it, reading key codes, uploading codes, obtaining unlock codes, reflashing the EVO and plugging the unit back in...I've got Nada...does nothing. (scratch)

I'm pretty sure I need to program the key fob at this point because everything else seems to do what it's supposed to. The instructions for programming the fob...maybe it's just me but...WTH!?! (chair)

That's it for today, I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well, to close this out for me, it's now working. (rockon)
Crutchfield tech was of little help (which I guess can be expected considering the range of products they support) so I went straight to Fortin. Their technical support got me going in about 10 minutes. I think maybe I'll call Crutchfield tech support and let them know that all the variables can be controlled through the Flash Link Manager. Trying to edit functions using that silly button is...well...silly. (yupnope) Hopefully, that will help the next guy out.

Well, to close this out for me, it's now working. (rockon)
Crutchfield tech was of little help (which I guess can be expected considering the range of products they support) so I went straight to Fortin. Their technical support got me going in about 10 minutes. I think maybe I'll call Crutchfield tech support and let them know that all the variables can be controlled through the Flash Link Manager. Trying to edit functions using that silly button is...well...silly. (yupnope) Hopefully, that will help the next guy out.

That's good news. How is the range?

Whew, it was 120 degrees here yesterday! This thing has come in so handy...triple click, give the car 5 minutes, then get into a cool car. The major flaw I found...now my wife wants one installed in her CX-5. (boom02)

Has anyone tried a smartphone app to pair with the Fortin Evo One? Was thinking along the lines of MyCar add-on.
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_137851_Crimestopper-Tele-Connect-MYCAR.html

I haven't, and can't say that I would. That's another $120 on top of the money already spent just for "online remote access", and it sounds like you have to pay a yearly fee as well (ad said first year free). I'm sure someone could make use of it, but that just doesn't do much for me.

Back