Armrest storage box

Neat. I'm gonna order this with my next Amazon order. It would've been nice if Mazda had used a 2-tier storage method. Our old car had two trays with separate latches. The top tray opened with the cover.

Short USB extension cables [3" or 6"] can solve some of those problems.

For the charger, i meant some kind of DC charger (cig lighter 12 V port) - I am sure there is some kind of right angle one you could get but it still is going to stick out.

@lowincash says it works with USB sticks plugged in, so I am not worried about clearance around USB ports. I have one of the super low profile Sandisk Cruzer USB sticks anyway. I sticks out about 2mm, so that is not a concern. But even a USB exension cable would have the same size USB plug on the end attached to the port as any other usb cable - so for just a charging cable, I doubt an extension cable would help.

Wished seller had some pictures with tray installed on console. At least the front hole for ports access seems well thought, hopefully tray either sits on rails, or is narrower than them so can easily drop in place and be removed.

if someone ends buying this one, would appreciate fitment report.

No dimensions so i was scared of that one too.

I got the amazon one today, it fits perfectly fine and didn't hit the usb drives that I have connected and there's a hole for the cable to come through.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/811/40921843312_81a462cf4b_b.jpg
40921843312_81a462cf4b_b.jpg

I just got mine. fits great and the little sliding tray still fits in the top and slides.

I too ordered one but didnt fit, then I accidentally ran over it after leaving it on the floor, I think with some triming as others have said it should fit

Dazz

The one I ordered from ebay finally came in and it fits perfectly fine, I didn't need to do any modifications to it.

39457032200_00235408c2_b.jpg

The one I ordered from ebay finally came in and it fits perfectly fine, I didn't need to do any modifications to it.

39457032200_00235408c2_b.jpg

@lowincash, great to hear, appreciate sharing. A few questions if you don't mind:
A) Country, trim & year of your CX5? USA Touring'17?
B) How easy is to remove the insert? Just grab by side tabs and slides out?
C) Can you still use the little tray that comes standard with the CX5?
D) Mind sharing the eBay link?

Thanks,

@lowincash, great to hear, appreciate sharing. A few questions if you don't mind:

Thanks,

The link for the eBay one is on the first post by the OP. I have a 2017 GT. You can't use the little tray anymore on the eBay one but you can with the amazon one. Are you talking about the red inserts that it came with? They just come right out, it's not stuck to anything.

I have the same box as the one in the picture, I can answer your questions:

Thanks,

A) USA, 2018 Grand Touring
B) Very easy to remove: Just pull it up
C) Yes you can use the OEM tray, it fits under this box. You end up with three levels if you use it: The bottom of the enclosure, the OEM tray and then this one.
D) https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) The picture on the ebay listing is not accurate, it looks like the picture on this thread.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

The link for the eBay one is on the first post by the OP. I have a 2017 GT. You can't use the little tray anymore on the eBay one but you can with the amazon one. Are you talking about the red inserts that it came with? They just come right out, it's not stuck to anything.

Thank you. I also have one that looked exactly the same, bought at AMZN and was so much a pain in the neck to install (hacking involved, described earlier on thread) that requires brute force to remove it.

Glad to hear not the case with this one, might be heading there.

I have the same box as the one in the picture, I can answer your questions:

A) USA, 2018 Grand Touring
B) Very easy to remove: Just pull it up
C) Yes you can use the OEM tray, it fits under this box. You end up with three levels if you use it: The bottom of the enclosure, the OEM tray and then this one.
D) https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) The picture on the ebay listing is not accurate, it looks like the picture on this thread.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Thanks for answers and pics. Just ordered, now to wait 2-4 weeks.

Yes, thank you.
I just ordered the eBay one as well.

Thanks for answers and pics. Just ordered, now to wait 2-4 weeks.

Just got the console storage box from eBay seller. Perfect fit, I just made front USB port a tad wider so the iPod shuffle could fully insert. Was even able to keep the small standard tray in place, sitting on top of new box.

Kuddos to OP for the find and sharing experience, as my first attempt was a PITA.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you.
I just ordered the eBay one as well.

Just got the console storage box from eBay seller. Perfect fit, I just made front USB port a tad wider so the iPod shuffle could fully insert. Was even able to keep the small standard tray in place, sitting on top of new box.

Received mine today after its slow trip from China.
Except for widening the USB port, I echo the comments from Xcel64.
Perfect fit and works well to optimize the available space.

My thanks to the op.

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier. I bought the LFOTPP center console on Amazon and ran into the same problems folks here described - it's designed for a model that never had the small upper tray. Well, that, or they just screwed up on the measuring. Very disappointing. Ordered the Ebay linked before and hoping that works. I'm a touch nervous as one of the really similar looking products mentioned something about tolerances of 1 to 10 mm. Yikes!

Back