How to prevent Mazda updating infotainment system

dan801

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Im running the version that cannot be tweaked by AIO Tweaks anymore.

Im in Australia where we can no longer get Pandora. As a result Mazda is removing it from their infotainment systems during scheduled maintaince along with the current ability to connect the unit to WIFI. Im still using Pandora via a VPN and WIFI for Traffic and weather. I would like to continue using it. Is there a way to prevent Mazda from updating the system?

Im running the version that cannot be tweaked by AIO Tweaks via the USB etc.

I’m running the version that cannot be tweaked by AIO Tweaks anymore.

I’m in Australia where we can no longer get Pandora. As a result Mazda is removing it from their infotainment systems during scheduled maintaince along with the current ability to connect the unit to WIFI. I’m still using Pandora via a VPN and WIFI for Traffic and weather. I would like to continue using it. Is there a way to prevent Mazda from updating the system?

I’m running the version that cannot be tweaked by AIO Tweaks via the USB etc.

Ask the dealer not to when brought in for service?

apperantly it falls into a recall situation where they have to for security reasons. Just like when they patched the USB vulnerabilities even if you didnt want to. I talked to them about it and that was the response.

I had hoped there is something I could unplug or disable to prevent the update

I would tell the service writer to make it known NOT to update the Infotainment. I would also print a sign and place it over the screen and then tape the USB ports with tape and put a sign there also.

The AIO works great, makes the system more responsive and customization. Having the speedo app is a cool thing since it's at eye level and while not like HUD, it helps to keep your eyes on the road instead of looking down to see your speed.

Basically this.

Generally speaking here in Oz land, the dealer usually doesn't update the firmware on MZD unless the you ask them to.

So OP - if you are worried about them doing it, get them to add a note to your online service file that you don't want them to touch your MZD connect firmware.

Back