Paint protection like simoniz glasscoat

Im really confused at what your saying here? What makes you think UFF doesnt have to be hand washed? Its not going to stop an automatic car wash from marring the finish. And what coating do you think costs $1000 and only gives you 2 years protection? Any pro level coating is going to last at least 10 years. Its the consumer level coatings that last 2-5 years but they only cost around $100 for the product.

Referring to the second half of your questions he was referring to my statement that I paid around 1k for my opti-pro+ 2years ago and when I traded it this month the front end looked like it had been splattered with white paint because of all the rock chips. As far as shine, discoloration, ability to clean, etc all of that was perfect still. But as I said in that post nothing protects against rock chips, the closest is any kind of self healing film.

Referring to the second half of your questions he was referring to my statement that I paid around 1k for my opti-pro+ 2years ago and when I traded it this month the front end looked like it had been splattered with white paint because of all the rock chips. As far as shine, discoloration, ability to clean, etc all of that was perfect still. But as I said in that post nothing protects against rock chips, the closest is any kind of self healing film.

Ah, I see. That's the exact reason I went with PPF first and then applied a coating on top of it. 3 years and still looking good! Well worth it for me.

Ah, I see. That's the exact reason I went with PPF first and then applied a coating on top of it. 3 years and still looking good! Well worth it for me.
Yes, that's what I've been researching lately, but just trying to find a price point I feel comfortable with as it can be pretty pricy and I'm not looking to spend 1k again

Im really confused at what your saying here? What makes you think UFF doesnt have to be hand washed? Its not going to stop an automatic car wash from marring the finish. And what coating do you think costs $1000 and only gives you 2 years protection? Any pro level coating is going to last at least 10 years. Its the consumer level coatings that last 2-5 years but they only cost around $100 for the product.

If with UFF i can spray water and dry it every month and thoroughly wash it once every 3 months well worth it. Now I wash once every 3-4 months or as time permits. I hate bringing all the chemical laden towels home and washing every time. My wash mitt turns brown after hood and 2 front panels. Plus with this season Change got 100s of bird droppings too. UFF helps clean it easier. UFF repels dust as well it seems.

If you are particular yeah coating makes sense. I am looking for balance between looks / time spent/ work / money and am ok with trade offs. UFF with $15 price point can do cx5 3 times. Thats decent protection.

If with UFF i can spray water and dry it every month and thoroughly wash it once every 3 months well worth it. Now I wash once every 3-4 months or as time permits. I hate bringing all the chemical laden towels home and washing every time. My wash mitt turns brown after hood and 2 front panels. Plus with this season Change got 100s of bird droppings too. UFF helps clean it easier. UFF repels dust as well it seems.

If you are particular yeah coating makes sense. I am looking for balance between looks / time spent/ work / money and am ok with trade offs. UFF with $15 price point can do cx5 3 times. Thats decent protection.

Where are you getting that you can just spray with water and then dry to clean your car after using UFF? If you're looking at the packaging where is says "Simply spray & wipe your way to shinier, protected paint" then that's how you apply the product. If you car is dirty and your not using some form of soap to lift and carry the dirt away from the surface you will end up with scratches and swirls.

Where are you getting that you can just spray with water and then dry to clean your car after using UFF? If you're looking at the packaging where is says "Simply spray & wipe your way to shinier, protected paint" then that's how you apply the product. If you car is dirty and your not using some form of soap to lift and carry the dirt away from the surface you will end up with scratches and swirls.

Read it on autopia or some popular detailing website. Anyhow ordered a worx hydroshot for 45 bucks. Includes battery/unit/short and long lance/ water bottle adapter/20 inch hose. Great value. Time to use this once a month and this +onr once every 3 months. 😁. Its foaming time.
UFF will have to wait. Thanks Ride92. I do get lots of knowledge from you.

Do you also apply ultimate quick wax to the glass? Is it similar to RainX at that point where water beads away, or do you still use RainX?

Worx Hydroshot is $119 at most places. Would love to know where you got it for $45.

Do you also apply ultimate quick wax to the glass? Is it similar to RainX at that point where water beads away, or do you still use RainX?

Worx Hydroshot is $119 at most places. Would love to know where you got it for $45.

Refurbished on eBay. There is another one for 49 with 5 dollar coupon. This one doesn't have the bottle attachment. Which allows 2 litre bottle of water to be attached with no need of hose.
Seen people use wax on windshield. Am interested in doing that.

Seller is worxgt. Also mine was last with bottle adapter. Still need to get soap dispenser. Total 60 bucks.

I do not put ultimate quick wax on the windows. I prefer to use Trico View or Aquapel for the windows. Very similar to rain-x but I find it lasts much longer.

Back