iPhone 8- cant get text messages to display in infotainment screen?

:
2017 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
iPhone 8- cant get text messages to display in infotainment screen?

Can anyone help? I have a 2017 CX-9 and Im not able to view any of my iPhone 8 text messages from the infotainment screen. My iPhone is synced to the radio and phone

Last edited:
Can anyone help? I have a 2017 CX-9 and I’m not able to view any of my iPhone 8 text messages from the infotainment screen. My iPhone is synced to the radio and phone

Make sure "notifications" is turned on in the phones Bluetooth/Mazda settings.

ok...will try again but I think I tried this before and it didn't work. Will let you know

No worries.

Otherwise take your vehicle to the dealer service centre and see if they can make it work.

Do you have an iPhone and can see your new texts on the infotainment screen?
I do (have an iPhone) and yes I do (receive my texts on the screen, more like the car reads them to me when in motion). It's hit and miss sometimes. I had an iP6 that worked perfectly, recently went to an ipX and it works perfectly. My wife has an ip7 and it won't work for some reason. I've unpaired and re-paired her phone and it still will not show messages on the screen. My next step is to update her firmware to the latest as I know it's older, then see if that works. You may want to check that also (firmware version).

I figured it out guys and thanks for the comments. Here's what I had to do:

Settings
Notifications
Where it says "Alerts", I had to enable "Show on Lock Screen" and "Show in History". This ultimately was the piece to the puzzle that was preventing me from receiving texts through the infotainment screen. Now when I get a text in the car, it also reads it aloud...nice!

I figured it out guys and thanks for the comments. Here's what I had to do:

Settings
Notifications
Where it says "Alerts", I had to enable "Show on Lock Screen" and "Show in History". This ultimately was the piece to the puzzle that was preventing me from receiving texts through the infotainment screen. Now when I get a text in the car, it also reads it aloud...nice!

Good to hear!

Where it says "Alerts", I had to enable "Show on Lock Screen" and "Show in History".

My iPhone 8 running ios 12.0.1 does not have "Show In History" option but all three options that it has are checked. No texts thru infotainment.

It seems to come and go, I have an 8+ and it no longer works. I'll try re-pairing again.

I*m having the same issue. Have had my car since end of August, and it worked for awhile then just stopped reading my texts. I*ve not changed any settings but the car won*t even let me select the text message option anymore. All settings on my IP-8 are turned on I guess I*ll try re-pairing my phone. Very frustrating.

When my iPhone 8 is plugged into the USB port I receive text messages on the screen.

But you can only read them if the car is not moving. Safety first. :)

Weirdly started working for me this morning. I followed some of the suggestions about changing the iPhone setting that previously did not display texts on the lock screen.

I made the changes yesterday, shut the ignition off, unpaired & re-paired the phone. It didnt want to work even after that yesterday but began working for me today when connected to the Mazda Bluetooth. So odd.

So my iPhone 7 had the same issue where I noticed the iMessages were no longer displaying on the Infortainment screen. It was working fine before but I normally don't text with iMessage so I'm not sure when it stopped. I went looking into the settings of the phone and what fixed it for me was go into settings>Bluetooth>go to Mazda or whatever the listing for your car is>Turn on Notification. For whatever reason my notification was toggled off. After that I noticed the texting worked immediately. Give that a try.

Back