Anyone notice this?

:
2021 Acura RDX
On my 17 GT I noticed today while vacuuming it out that the seatbelt part that is on the side by the center console rubs against the console and takes the paint off.

I am trying to find something to put between the two of them. Any suggestions? Its probably just my cx-5 lol.

I haven't noticed but I use a gap filler thingy to prevent things from falling into the gap. It fills the gap and wraps around the seatbelt buckle so it doesn't bump around either.

drop-stop-car-seat-accessory-seat-gap-a.jpg

You can also use the Loop side of some Velcro to stick to the back of the seat belt latch and prevent plastic on plastic rubbing.

Funny, I'm about 3 weeks in on my 18 and dropped the first french fry down there. I confess, on my 18 year old car I may have left it to fossilize. Fortunately, the power seat has a long range of travel, like 2 feet it seems, I was easily able to retrieve it from the back after positioning the seat all the way forward.

There should be no rub as the seatbelt assembly should be close up to the seat. Also I don't know of any paint that you speak of. Most of the plastic is molded in dark color, no paints used that I am aware of.

Yes, the cheap plastic on the sides of the center storage bin gets 'muffed' up for lack of a better word by the back of the front seat belt buckles. In my GS, the center plastic is black and 'muffed' white. I rubbed as much as I could off using like interior cleaners, but there is forever lasting 'muffed' white marks in the plastic.

Once I noticed, I stuck one side of Velcro strips (the softer side) to the back of each front seat buckle which solves the problem.

Back