Cargo Cover - I think I got hosed

michaelbarth

:
2018 CX-5 AWD Touring with Preferred Equipment Package
Can someone check this out?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I received mine today (paid $130, best offer accepted) and there is no Mazda markings on it, no Mazda part number. It appears "flimsier" and the spring-loaded ends don't work well. The auction clearly states that it is a part number KB7W-V1-350, but I don't think so! Can someone with the OEM cargo cover please let me know where the part number is located or where it says Mazda on yours, so that I can check mine for those same markings?

I was a lot cheaper than OEM, but I just thought this guy must have a bunch that fell off the back of a truck. If I keep it, I'm worried the fabric will eventually decay in the sun or the retraction spring will fail.

Thanks!

The actual advertisement makes no mention of it being OEM (unless I missed it) which means a copy of the original.

Yes, it does. Here's a screenshot with part number.

Untitled.jpeg

View attachment 218780

They may have quoted the oem part number but that doesn't mean it actually is.

Generally speaking the advertisement should have the words "OEM" written all over it but it appears this advertisement doesn't.

Maybe pop into a Mazda dealer and have a look at an OEM (touch/feel). If it feels the same as yours then that should put your mind at ease.

Clearly says in the description; The cover meets OEM standards making it a top-quality item and acts as an anti-theft visor while enhancing privacy.*

Meets? Yea, that's not OEM.
Reviews are overwhelmingly positive though. Don't think I'd worry too much.

Clearly says in the description; The cover meets OEM standards making it a top-quality item and acts as an anti-theft visor while enhancing privacy.*

There you go. Not OEM.

As 7eregrine said, don't worry too much. It should do the job and if worse comes to worse, you can always then purchase the OEM one.

Last edited:

View attachment 218780
Yep from all the descriptions by the eBay seller I also don't feel it's the OEM. You can always email the seller to verify. And you can always try to return it if you really don't like the product as it does have 30-day return policy.

Yep from all the descriptions by the eBay seller I also don't feel it's the OEM. You can always email the seller to verify. And you can always try to return it if you really don't like the product as it does have 30-day return policy.

Something like this would be classed as OEM:

hum4py.jpg

I had the cargo cover on my 2016 and it was OEM but it still rattled during bumps. So I decided to forgo it on my 2017

For what it's worth, mine has been perfect on my 2017. Seems very solidly built and no rattles at all.

This. Gotta watch out for this language in these pages.

I bought a new steering wheel cover (the center part over the airbag) because mine is scratched to s*** and Mazda won't replace it without replacing the whole airbag unit.

Turned out it was a re-manufactured junky part that I definitely did not use and sent back. Much worse quality.

I think the seller changed the description already, maybe after your complaint.

The OE one for 2017 is perfect. Actually better than the one I had for old CX9.

The one I posted above seemed to be cheaper than what the OP got (didn't check shipping costs though)

Back