Driver side mirror fell oout and it is apparently a non-standard size, how to find?

papahoth

:
Mazda 5 Sport
Mazda 5 Sport, 2010

Evidently the standard mirror for each side has a maximum diagonal of 7 something inches. Mine is 9 inches exactly. The mirror housing shows no sign that it isn't original as the color matches the car fading wise. We did buy it new and no accidents showed up on the carfax. I could buy a whole new mirror housing but then it will be smaller than what is on the passenger side. No luck on ebay or with ShopMazdaParts.com. Here is a photo showing the mirror housing if anyone has any ideas, much appreciated.

IMG_20180309_133414674_HDR.jpg

The 9 inch diagonal is from the bottom left to the top right.

just buy a new mirror glass for it... it just snaps on
buy it from mazda... part number CC43-69-1G7
same as CX-7 of same year

It was a good idea but not correct mirror still

just buy a new mirror glass for it... it just snaps on
buy it from mazda... part number CC43-69-1G7
same as CX-7 of same year

Might be slightly larger than the other one, but no where near 9 inches in the diagonal. Which means I have to pay to ship back. Here is what I ordered:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

which is a
MAZDA OEM 07-12 CX-7 Door Rear Side View-Mirror Glass Left CC43691G7 OEM.

I did read this also:
Same year/make/model may come with different mirror shape or sizes depending on the markets they released in

So I guess I need to take it to the dealer next.

Last edited:
When one of mine broke I just went to a local wrecker and popped a mirror out of the housing on one their cars (was something like $10), and popped it into my housing.

When one of mine broke I just went to a local wrecker and popped a mirror out of the housing on one their cars (was something like $10), and popped it into my housing.

I agree. Do you have a Pull-a-Part or some other do it yourself junk yard nearby? I would take a cardboard cutout of the glass to make sure I got the right size. That way you can cross check with other Mazda models.

Back