2014 Mazda3 Sport Tires

:
2014 Mazda3 Sport GS
Alright, I know what the best winter tires are, but I am looking for some advice for a new set of summer tires. I drive my car mostly on city/highway 30/70 split, with the odd gravel road. Lots of long distance road trips so a less road noise would be better (although anything will be quieter than my studded hakkapeliitta 8s that I am currently running. Thanks!

I'm leaning toward Pirelli P-Zeros in all-season. Their grip, quietness and longevity are right up there at the top of the charts. Grip is not that much less than the Summer versions, yet they should last almost twice as long.
Michelins are excellent but very expensive and not as quiet.
Continental Extremes are very good as well, and among the lowest priced of the top contenders.

Doesn't look like I can get the pzero here just the p7 and the cinturato p7.
On tirerack people seem ti like the michelin premier a/s, pirelli cinturato p7, and the continental purecontact in that order. according to the specs the michelin has thinner tread depth than the other two and a lower rating 640 AA vs 700AA for the pirelli and continental...

ugh buying tires is hard.

I guess I was thinking about the GT wheels, which are 45 aspect ratio. Really, there won't be any high performance tires that have 60 aspect ratios. If you stick with OEM sized tires, you really can't go wrong with any you have listed. It should boil down to cost, given that there's probably not a massive performance difference among the three.

I guess I was thinking about the GT wheels, which are 45 aspect ratio. Really, there won't be any high performance tires that have 60 aspect ratios. If you stick with OEM sized tires, you really can't go wrong with any you have listed. It should boil down to cost, given that there's probably not a massive performance difference among the three.

what size rims and wheels are on the GT?

what size rims and wheels are on the GT?

I believe they are 18 x 7.5 with somewhere in the vicinity of a 48mm offset with 215/45/18 tires, although 225/45/18 should also fit. My Enkei Racing wheels are 8 inches wide and a bit over 17 lbs each, compared to about 27 lbs for each of the OEM wheels.

Last edited:
Back