Daytime Running Lights DRL installed around Fog Lights

chelski

:
2014 CX-5 GT AUS
Just got this installed and it worked perfectly. So when ignition on the DRL is always on and when headlights is on, the DRL in dimmed mode.

Attachments

• 00E6B627-C9A8-4AB7-A593-4AEE91E48998.jpeg
    00E6B627-C9A8-4AB7-A593-4AEE91E48998.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 272
Just got this installed and it worked perfectly. So when ignition on the DRL is always on and when headlights is on, the DRL in dimmed mode.
Since this's the "How To" section, would you please give us more detailed information and instructions with some pictures? Someone was asking how to wire those aftermarket LEDs with fog lights as DRLs few weeks ago. I'm also interested to know how do you make this LEDs dim when the headlights are on?

yrwei52, I posted my experience along with a few pictures in the cx-5 Accessories&Appearance section in the "daytime running light-power tap " thread.You may find your answers there. Jmaz

yrwei52, I posted my experience along with a few pictures in the cx-5 Accessories&Appearance section in the "daytime running light-power tap " thread.You may find your answers there. Jmaz
So please post the link of that post here so that people can find it a lot easier if you have a need for this.

really nice DRLs. My last car was a 16 CX5 Touring so it was missing the LEDs. I was able to put in headlights and the day time running lights (those never worked except for high beam..the normal voltage was too low so it flickered/turned on and off even with a controller box). I also tried putting in LEDs for the fogs but the LEDs were too big and I had trouble removing the shield inside the fog covers. Anyway...not a problem now as I have the 17 GT. However, when I had my 16 I really wanted to do this. This version especially looks nice. Well done.

Latest posts

Back