Front window tint on 2017-2018 Mazda CX-5

35% on the front windows.
29313881_10214953861536576_7998933305225379840_o.jpg

Are you saying you're far darker than legal, but getting away with it [in terms of the fuzz]?

Yep. Just don't go darker than 50 on the front and you'll most likely fly under the radar. If it's so dark that someone (like a cop for instance) can't see your face from the outside then you're gonna have a bad time.
youre-gonna-have-a-bad-time-southpark-ski-instructor.jpg

... what? the percentage stands for how much light the tint allows in. the lower the percentage, the darker the tint is.. a 50% tint would barely even look tinted.

20% looks super illegal at night (which is what I have) but 35% is still a little too light during the daytime.

if I were to get my front driver/passenger window tinted (35% for legal limit in my state), is it recommended to bring it to an automotive shop to do it? if so, what is the typical cost. I know there are different types of tints, what do you guys recommend overall?

Thanks guys for all the pictures, just got mine done. Put 3M 35% tint on the front windows (back were tinted from the factory). It's not an exact match but incredibly close, can barely tell the difference. Those wondering about cost, I paid $70 for both front windows at a highly respected installer Sunshield Glass Tinting here in Sherman Oaks, CA. Will post pictures shortly.

I added 35% ceramic tint to the front and rear windows and gate. Did a 90% film on the front. Compared to my wife's similar sized car with dealer installed dye film, I do feel the ceramic film keeps the car cooler in the summer. My car is red and doesn't look too different from one of the earlier photos.

I will say, though, this car is sharp in white when the windows are tinted deep. Nice.

Back