VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas

Thread: Genuine Mazda Hitch/Tow Bar Part # ?

Registered Member

Suzuki SX4

Genuine Mazda Hitch/Tow Bar Part # ?

Does anyone have a part # for the genuine Mazda hitch or tow bar. Perhaps one of the users from a country that actually sells them (Europe/Asia/Aus etc)?

Looking at my hitch options and want to compare an imported 'genuine' vs the aftermarket brands that are available (Curt, Draw-Tite).

06 Mazda 3 Hatchback GT

Not sure what year you have, but I installed a Curt on my 06, and put a Curt on a friends 2010, and they both fit perfectly. We both only use it for a bike rack.

Registered Member

Suzuki SX4

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebikes View Post
    Not sure what year you have, but I installed a Curt on my 06, and put a Curt on a friends 2010, and they both fit perfectly. We both only use it for a bike rack.
    Current gen 3 Sport.

Yeah, I want to use it for a light (braked) utility trailer. The 3 is rated for 1200kg/2650lbs braked or 600kg/1325lbs un-braked with a 75kg/165lbs tongue weight elsewhere in the world.

And a bike rack...lol

Was curious to see what the model numbers were from the countries that sell a legit tow-bar to see if it was feasible to import one.

06 Mazda 3 Hatchback GT

Not sure what is funny about the bike rack, all I need a hitch for. If I had something worth towing, I'd use something else to tow it......
    I've seen Hobie cats and Uhaul trailers being towed by 3's, not sure why you would need to import a hitch.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Suzuki SX4

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebikes View Post
    Not sure what is funny about the bike rack, all I need a hitch for. If I had something worth towing, I'd use something else to tow it......
    I've seen Hobie cats and Uhaul trailers being towed by 3's, not sure why you would need to import a hitch.
    Sorry for the confusion, that was meant as 'and a bike rack as well...lol'. As in, I intend to use the hitch for the light weight trailer (and a bike rack also). Wasn't meant to be insulting (I like bikes too ).

Don't need to import a hitch, there are ones available by Curt and and Draw-Tite but I prefer the OEM unit available in other parts of the world appears to attach further along the main unibody 'frame'. You can see the 'arms' at ~30 seconds in the below video. It also is rated for 2650lbs whereas the aftermarket ones are only 2000.

Having a hell of a time finding a part number though. Might try contacting an Aussie dealer or something, was just hoping our great user community could help

Last edited by J.R.; 04-25-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Registered Member

'06 Mazda6 Hatchback Grand Sport

Hi J.R., I was wondering if you had any luck? I just bought a '15 Mazda3 hatch, and I like the way it appears the factory hitch ties into the unibody, and the cleanliness of the design compared to the Draw-Tite and Curt hitches. One thing I can't figure out is how you would adapt the Mazda tow bar to a bike rack- I don't see them offering a 1/25 or 2" square hitch. I'm intrigued by the Torklift Ecohitch, but it appears to mount differently than the factory Mazda hitch.