2006 Mazda five aftermarket stereo install using a Metra 70 7903

06Mazda5

:
2006 Mazda 5 Sport
2006 Mazda five aftermarket stereo install using a Metra 70 7903

Im installing an aftermarket stereo in my 2006 Mazda five, using a Metra wiring harness, a maestro RR, and a metra install kit. Im having a problem with the Metra wiring harness. Just wondering if in my Mazda six, do the colors actually correspond with their related to? For example the red on my OEM Mazda harness, is that the actual power wire? Just wondering, because if I plug in the metro wiring harness to my OEM Mazda six wiring harness read becomes white. Does that mean white is my power wire now? Please help.

The only wire color that seems to match is the ground. Which I guess thats a good thing. LOL. Do you think I should just ignore the colors on my OEM Mazda wiring harness, and just use the color coded wires on the metro? I mean, is Red going to be power is black going to be ground is purple going to be one of the speaker wires etc. etc. thanks.

Oh, by the way this is my first stereo install. Im replacing the factory stereo with a nice pioneer double din stereo. Ive already got the back up camera installed (and it works, thank god) and Im ready to go go go.

I have just contacted Metra, but I know I wont get a response until tomorrow. I want to put it in now! Oh well, guess Ill go to sleep and have nightmares about wiring stereos tonight. LOL. I appreciate any responses. Thanks guys.

Ok. Nevermind I just went with the metra color code and hooked up one speaker. IT POWERED UP AND I HEAR MUSIC!!!! Yea! Im going to finish it up tomorrow. If any one has questions, about the stuff I used feel free to ask. Impatience paid off once for me. LOL.

Back