Mazda 3 Horn Single or Dual Pitch?

DSPGuy1

:
2017 CX5 Grand Tourin
We have a 2016 Mazda 3 iTouring. My wife has been driving it since we bought it new at the end of 2015. We just bought a 2017 CX-5 for her. Now I just started driving the 3. Immediately I noticed that the horn sounds as if it were only a single tone. Since I hadn't been driving it till now, I'm not sure if that's the way it comes from the factory, or if it's a duel tone and one of them just quit working. Can anyone tell which it is supposed to be?

I think dual, as I see on Amazon high tone and low tone horns listed for the Mazda 3. But I don't like to take my technical info from Amazon aftermarket vendors.

it's a single tone, single horn
the 2017-2018 has an extra horn added, which makes it dual tones

there's a JDM accessory that replaces the single horn with dual air horns... they're high quality Denso horns, which are the same ones that comes on Lexuses

TheMAN, Thanks for the suggestion, but I did a google search on "JDM dual horn". Didn't come up with any obvious match. It keeps giving me hits on Hella horns, which may be just another name for JDM. But there are a variety of them. Would you have a link to the specific JDM horn which would fit and work right on a 2016 Mazda 3 sedan?

Back