2017~2024 Strange but trivial flash drive problem!

MrBill

:
2017 MX-5 GT
I have 3,000(+) titles on a flash drive. Using MP3Tag (a free and very handy program), I've made the external Filename and the internal Title the same. Additionally I've made sure that every song has both a Year and an accurate Artist name. But when playing the music in my CX-5, the display occasionally shows an Artist name which is not identical to that in the MP3 file. For instance, I just played "Jailhouse Rock" by the Blues Brothers. The Artist in the file was typed there by me as "Blues Brothers" (no "The"), but the display showed "The Blues Brothers" (I did say this was trivial)! :) A real oddity was when I played a Carpenters song. The internal Artist was "The Carpenters", but the display showed "John Alden Carpenter" . . . very strange!

So I tried an experiment: Using MP3Tag I stripped the leading word "The" from all Artist names, then blanked out Album, Composer, Publisher, Comments and Genre from all titles. This made no difference and the CX-5 continued to show what it thought the Artist should be rather than what was in the MP3 file.

So my questions are: How is the Infotainment software getting this strange title information and how do I tell it to use only Artist information that I've entered into the files?

Thanks!

Maybe it's Gracenote. I can't see a way to disable it.
I agree, MP3Tag is a wonderful program.

Maybe it's Gracenote. I can't see a way to disable it.
After reading your post, knowing nothing about Gracenote I did some reading and am fairly sure that this is the culprit! So far I haven't seen a guaranteed safe way of disabling it but will keep looking. Hummm - does anyone know a safe way to disable this beast!

Latest posts

Back