Motegi MR116 Gloss Black With Machined Accent

New wheels!

Installed new General RT43 tires a couple of weeks ago. Really like them. Wanted different wheels. Found sort of a deal on Amazon (free shipping!) on these wheels and went ahead and bought them last weekend. They arrived yesterday and I had them installed today.

Pics should show previous 18" CX-9 OEM wheels, new Motegi 18" wheels and a close up of the new wheel. Please ignore the very dirty CX-5 and the dust on the new wheel from lawn work this afternoon.

The new wheels are almost too glossy for my taste but time will tell. Probably will look better when the car is clean.

Already ordered black lugs. Probably should paint calipers now that they are so visible. What color? Red to match car paint? Best paint to use on calipers?

As I drove home from having them put on, I could tell that something was different with the "feel" of the car. Turns out the new Motegi wheels are each 5 pounds lighter than the CX-9 wheels they replaced. Makes a difference having less weight on each corner. That surprised me.

Next step is to get and install some H&R lowering springs. I think a little drop will complete the look I'm striving for.
Bill

Attachments

• Motegi CU.jpg
    Motegi CU.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Motegi overall.jpg
    Motegi overall.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 189
  • CX-9 before Motegis.jpg
    CX-9 before Motegis.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited: