2016 SiriusXM Xtra channels (Ch 300+)

:
2016 CX5 GT
Hello,

Since I got my 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring, I was wondering if the SiriusXM radio can receive the Xtra channels. Im on a free trial currently and it seems the channel numbers dont go higher than the upper 200s. Im specifically looking for some of the channels in the 300s range. My old car could NOT but thats because its 11 years old and only has a Sirius tuner. I suspect the CX5 is using an XM tuner since the sound quality is MUCH better (less compressed) than my other car, plus the format of the Radio ESN is different. The CX5 can receive KISS FM and Z100, both which my old car and old sirius sportster in my wifes old car could not. So should I refresh my radio or is there some hidden update or channel map download I need to do?

Also shouldnt I see SXM channel logos in the blank box to the right of the song title info? On HD Radio stations I can see those station logos without issue. Im trying to see if these are all limitations to a free trial or if its just how it has to be.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the radio in the 2016 doesn't support the extra channels, or the logos, or more than 20 characters per line. My wife's 2017 Hyundai Tucson has a much superior SiriusXM experience for the same monthly price, with all of the aforementioned features.

Unfortunately the radio in the 2016 doesn't support the extra channels, or the logos, or more than 20 characters per line. My wife's 2017 Hyundai Tucson has a much superior SiriusXM experience for the same monthly price, with all of the aforementioned features.

Thats so strange. I understand my 11 year old car, or the original aftermarket Sirius Sportster we used In my Wifes 2003 Escape (sold last summer). But the 2016 Mazda has a pretty nice, modern system, I expected more. The VW Passat, CC, Jetta and Tiguan I drove as loaner cars in the past year all had it too (2016-2017).

Whats confusing is that the Mazda gets KIIS FM and Z100, so I thought that was XM based since those two channels arent available on the Sirius based systems I used in the past. Im curious as to how SiriusXM works. Like if its a frequency thing or a protocol thing, or heck maybe something that could be resolved by a firmware update.

Back