Replacing Right Front Engine Mount

smetzger

03 P5 (x2), 09 Miata, 07 Mazda3, 13 Fit, 09 Ody
So, need to replace the right front motor mount on my automatic. Looks pretty easy.

Q: Where do I place the jack to hold the motor up? I was thinking of putting a small 2x4 under the oil pan and then jacking up from there. Is that the best place?

Thanks,

So, need to replace the right front motor mount on my automatic. Looks pretty easy.

Q: Where do I place the jack to hold the motor up? I was thinking of putting a small 2x4 under the oil pan and then jacking up from there. Is that the best place?

Thanks,

Yep.

thats what I do. you won't have to "jack" it much, just an inch (if even that far) to take the weight off the motor mount and allow you to swap it.

If that one is torn, however, check the bottom one in the front. I can guarantee that one is broken as well.

You can change both of them in under 10 minutes. Because they're so quick/easy to change I just got the cheapest ones I could find on Amazon and they worked great. If they were a pain to change like the rear mount, i'd probably get a better quality but something that takes less time to change than it takes to change the oil I don't really care if I have to replace them every 30k miles. But i've got at least 30k on them now and no issues at all.

just take note the top right mount (the one over the belts) is different between auto trans and manual trans so make sure you get the right one.

Back