Idle problems/transmission,engine,motormount?

Steersa

:
2006 mazda mazda5
2006 Mazda mazda5
Idles hard when in reverse or drive but goes away after sitting in gear for a minute,
Shift fine except when going 50 and passing 4th to 3rd is fine but it shift down to second and jumps, signs im seeing is torque converter but before i get to anything like that any ideas of what this could be idles fine in park or neutral, and when in gear driving its smooth shifting could this be done with solenoids, there is no dtcs current my last 1 was for thermostat hasnt come on since i changed it.

2006 Mazda mazda5
Idles hard when in reverse or drive but goes away after sitting in gear for a minute,
Shift fine except when going 50 and passing 4th to 3rd is fine but it shift down to second and jumps, signs im seeing is torque converter but before i get to anything like that any ideas of what this could be idles fine in park or neutral, and when in gear driving its smooth shifting could this be done with solenoids, there is no dtcs current my last 1 was for thermostat hasnt come on since i changed it.

what is your mileage? sounds like solenoids. probably needs new fluid too.

147000 it had bad tranny fluid brown and smell of burnt oil changed it looks good now smells fine too but still rumble when going to reverse or drive i was thinking solenoids myself but at the same time solenoids would throw a cel light wouldnt it, im not sure ill change a torque converter if i have too but i want to.make sure its that and want it to.be fixed before it destroys tranny it self

147000 it had bad tranny fluid brown and smell of burnt oil changed it looks good now smells fine too but still rumble when going to reverse or drive i was thinking solenoids myself but at the same time solenoids would throw a cel light wouldnt it, im not sure ill change a torque converter if i have too but i want to.make sure its that and want it to.be fixed before it destroys tranny it self

Burnt fluid is not a good sign. Transmission issues will not necessarily throw a CEL if there are some shifting issues. I doubt its your torque converter.

Im saying the cel or AT light would come on if it was the solenoids all signs are pointing towards a tcc solenoid or tcc itself just because the rough idle only in drive and reverse and the slight whine it gives when driving in lower gears i just wanted someone elses thought

Im saying the cel or AT light would come on if it was the solenoids all signs are pointing towards a tcc solenoid or tcc itself just because the rough idle only in drive and reverse and the slight whine it gives when driving in lower gears i just wanted someone elses thought

whining = failing transmission unit. the AT or CEL light will not necessarily turn on in every single given situation.

the idle always gets a little rougher in drive or reverse because the transmission is under load in those two gears. another sign that your transmission is failing. I attribute this to the delayed oil change (burnt fluid = no bueno)

you may want to take the car to a good transmission shop and see what they have to say. but transmission whine is not a good sign.

Starting to rule out torque convertor

When its cold out side it shakes worse in drive or reverse no shaking in park or nuetral. But theres a whine like its got a supercharger and it dont and vibrates a little taking off and vibrates when decelerating only on higher speed almost anything over 45mph. No grinding noises and metal sounds when i reverse soon as i start backing up i hear 1 pop then fine no popping in drive though. Could tgis be differentials?

Im not sure if its coming from transmission though it sounds like its right in the engine bay

Im not sure if its coming from transmission though it sounds like its right in the engine bay

the transmission is basically in the engine bay. if it is worse when cold thats another sign of transmission trouble. could be differential but I doubt it. you can always try to listen while a friend slowly drives the car forward.

Back