2015 CX-5 Sport Center Console USB with aftermarket Audio

Astralan

:
Mazda CX-5 Sport
Bought this Mazda used last week and still getting to know it. Recently installed a Kenwood DNX753S seeing previous owner replaced all 6 speakers with upper end Hertz drivers, but had a low end audio head that couldn't take full advantage of them. I also wanted GPS. Love this car. Only 2.0, but it's got 6 on the floor and plenty of room for a driver that's 6'6".

Anyways, The kenwood came with it's own USB dongle which is annoying because it's just a wire sticking out from under the temp controllers. I note that there is a butt lighter and a combo usb/headphone jack in the center console. The usb cluster doesn't do anything, which is sad. I'd like to be able to use them but combing the net hasn't been fruitful. I have pulled the center covers off (shift/cup) and there are numerous wire clusters visible.

Anyone have experience with this? Also, is it possible for the Sport edition to be able to autolock when you walk away by changing out the driver side handle? Are the electronics and wiring for this installed? Thanks y'all in advance! -B

You can maybe try, a panel mount USB cable.
I have a DNN991HD, but I don't use the USB cables.

Back