Lane Asists Said I was Naughty When I Wasn't

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
My Lane Assist system claimed I was naughty this morning. It gave me a beep and a warning to keep my hands on the wheel. As I am a 9 'n' 3 driver, my hands were definitely in place.

Has anyone else experienced this false positive?

Can't say that I have. but I also turn mine off frequently because it does vibrate when there's no lines on the road in snow and slush. Drives me nuts.

My Lane Assist system claimed I was naughty this morning. It gave me a beep and a warning to keep my hands on the wheel. As I am a 9 'n' 3 driver, my hands were definitely in place.

My god. I would hate to have something beeping at me while driving like that.

Yes I know, naughty, but I like to drive one handed a lot.

OM states it can happen if you're just holding the wheel "lightly".

Same here, left hand on steering wheel and right hand on shifter. Never had a problem. If you like the feature, try turning it off for a day then turn it back on. Maybe it will reset.

Could be related to how much pressure you were applying to the wheel.

I never seen any settings on my 2018 for steering wheel monitor. I even tried to trip it by taking my hands off briefly. Nothing.

I also took my hands off the wheel for as long as I could and nothing happened.

I never seen any settings on my 2018 for steering wheel monitor. I even tried to trip it by taking my hands off briefly. Nothing.

Not even one of these (uhm)

25552ll.jpg

There are no relevant settings.
You will only get a warning about your hands if LDWS is active to start with. It must be sensing lane markings.

Back