*new to this* possibly motor mount or strut..?

Cmininno

:
2007 Mazda 3s 2.3
Hey everyone, Ive got an 07 mazda 3s, and almost at 200k. I have this noise that I believe to either be a bad strut in the front right or motor mount... the mounts are not broken but the rubber lining? I guess? Is starting to crack. I have a lot of engine noise in the right side of the cabin, only when exccelerating and mostly in 2nd and third. I dont feel it in the steering wheel or outside. I also have a rumbling feeling/ sound when idle at stoplights sometimes. It stops if I either release off the brakes or am in anything other than drive. Any suggestions???

These cars are notorious for having bad passenger motor mounts. How long have you owned it? Ever changed the mount?

Take a quick look under the upper mount, it's between the coolant overflow tank and the engine. Aluminum bracket with rubber parts, you should be able to see two nuts and and a bolt.

If you see fluid under it, or dirt attached to a current or dried up liquid, your mount is shot. It's a rubber circle between two pieces of aluminum that holds liquid for dampening the engine vibration, in time it leaks and loses that ability.

I just changed mine and it came out almost in two pieces, the rubber part binding the pieces had completely come apart.

Easy to change, many videos documenting it.

Back