Tire caps (& Nitrogen)

Mmm... As far as I know, mazda cx 5 doesn't have sensors inside wheels. I don't have them on my 2013 model.

Some mazdas use direct tpms (pressure sensors inside wheels) others use indirect tpms where rotational speed and diameter are measured. The 2017 uses direct. Not sure about other years.

I like to run 78.09% nitrogen.

Since one of the 'clamed' benefits of running nitrogen is that the molecules are larger and they don't seep out of the porous rubber tires as the other less desirable gaseous elements do. After a while the percentage of nitrogen in your tires should be higher since the other gasses have leaked out, right? (dunno)

Since one of the 'clamed' benefits of running nitrogen is that the molecules are larger and they don't seep out of the porous rubber tires as the other less desirable gaseous elements do. After a while the percentage of nitrogen in your tires should be higher since the other gasses have leaked out, right? (dunno)

Excellent point. So if you have old tires that haven't had a flat, you could be pushing 90% nitrogen for free :)

If people are paying $3/bottle for Smart Water, I would sell them air too.

Mmm... As far as I know, mazda cx 5 doesn't have sensors inside wheels. I don't have them on my 2013 model.

Starting with the 2017 model, they now do. My reference to "first generation" TPMS was the TPMS sensors from long ago, not the CX-5. The problems with them could actually be part of why the 2013-2016 CX-5 didn't use them.

Back