Thoughts on this 2016.5?

Rioja16

:
CX-5
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the market for a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring model. I just wanted some opinions on a vehicle I saw and if you think it's a good deal. Visited my local dealer, here in the suburbs of Philadelphia and came across a loaner vehicle for sale in good condition. I'm a little hesitant on buying a loaner, but I would have the car inspected by a local mechanic before making the purchase. I also thought the price seemed a little high considering the current pricing of new 2017s. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Certified 2016.5 CX-5
4,700 miles
Soul Red
Bose/Moonroof Package
Negotiated Price $23,000 + tax/fees

Everytime I say the price for a certified/used car is good, someone else says it's too high, so I won't comment on that. I will say that since this is a certified pre-owned CX-5 and with low mileage, it is a deal worthy of consideration. It is also a 2016.5 so it should have less issues than a 2016, not to mention you also get the longer certified pre-owned warranty. It also looks really good, because 2016 CX-5 LOL. Now let's wait for other people to tell you whether the price is good or not.

that's a good price considering the low miles. i bought a 2017 cx5 GT which was a loaner car, only has 6k miles on it and I got more than $4k off the MSRP for it plus it comes with a CPO warranty. Plus, a master technician has to go through the car thoroughly to make it a CPO

Not even 5,000 miles? Yea, that's a good price. If it was 10-20,000 miles it would be and should be a lot cheaper. A 16 with 5,000 miles is a rare find and yea... you're paying a bit of a premium for that.
I wouldn't worry about it being a rental. I wouldn't buy a sports car that was a rental but a SUV? yea.

Last edited:
The only question I would ask is how much highway driving do you do? If a lot, I would recommend paying extra and getting a 2017 or 2018 CX-5 touring. The difference in NVH is significant.

Not sure where you are located but North Penn Mazda will match most places and is true-car friendly.

hi everyone,

i'm in the market for a 2016.5 cx-5 touring model. I just wanted some opinions on a vehicle i saw and if you think it's a good deal. Visited my local dealer, here in the suburbs of philadelphia and came across a loaner vehicle for sale in good condition. I'm a little hesitant on buying a loaner, but i would have the car inspected by a local mechanic before making the purchase. I also thought the price seemed a little high considering the current pricing of new 2017s. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Certified 2016.5 cx-5
4,700 miles
soul red
bose/moonroof package
negotiated price $23,000 + tax/fees

awd?

Meh. If you don't mind the stupid screen sticking out of the dash. :)
(I kid)

Thanks for the replies! The car has been sitting on the lot since November so I just thought that was a red flag. Car was originally priced at $23,400. Salesman said they could only come down $400.

Yes sorry it's AWD.

Get the dealer to make it a CPO. I believe that will give you an extra warranty.

Yeah, seems like a good deal to me. I forget what the MSRP was on 2016.5 Touring with Bose/Moonroof, but pretty sure this is a good deal.

Keep in mind they charge for the CPO. I have purchased to CPOs (not Mazda) where I had them knock off the CPO and that brought the price down about $2k.

I got brand new 16.5 cx5 with same package as you FWD configuration for 23911. Dark blue. Back in 2016 August. But this is expensive any which way. Get a 17 touring with PEP for 24.5 or so. That's better deal.

Bose moonroof package is awful every way you look at it. PEP is better. Get a new 17. Your 2-3 mpg loss will be negligible

It all comes down to how rough was the driving for 4700 miles being a loaner car. For a couple of grand more, I would buy new if you can.

CPO is a good deal. I would buy that car in a heartbeat over a 2017 with similar equipment and the much worse factory warranty for $28-30k.

If it was "driven rough", and still doesn't break within 100k miles...then it wasn't really driven rough, was it? If it DOES, then who cares? You will have NEW components at NO cost to you...so what's to lose?

Hell, I bought a rental with 28K miles on it. I have 77k miles now, and she runs great. Nothing has ever broken except for the rear-diff due to being flooded before I knew this was not a real SUV and that things like that could happen in 10" of water (I was used to having police cars and a Jeep and a 2001 TransAm that could take treatment like that).

I got a 2016.5 AWD with the bose/ moon roof that was CPO that was a dealer loaner. Had about 3000 miles it and I have been very happy with it. Paid just a little over $24k for it and like stated before, I get an extra year of warranty. I am not a fan of the new styling and hate the Ipod looking screen.

Back