Carpet Cleaners

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

Can anyone recommend a good, easy to use carpet cleaner? I have some salt stains that I need to remove. I dont want to use vinegar as I hate the smell of it.

I have a 17 GT with ebony interior.

Any recommendations?

I just use water and a scrub brush. You don't need chemicals.

bucket, hot water, scrub brush. Okay maybe a foam spray on carpet for few minutes.

Just water. You don't want to use any oil based soap. I freaked last winter when I saw how bad those rugs looked. Mother in law, the detailing expert said wet a scrub brush and work it out. Felt like an idiot for not thinking if that because man...it worked so well.

if just water works great, Often times I have to reach for my Meguiar's APC D101 diluted to about 8:1 for carpet cleaning. I'll spray the carpets and scrub with a brush then use my shop vac with the filter removed to suck up as much moisture as I can. I then go back over the area with water again and suck dry.

I used to clean carpets for a living. Oil based soap (most is) can leave a residue which attracts dirt going forward. 8 to 1 sounds like a good ratio. I might do 2 'rinses' with water to be sure.
Some companies do make a water based soap which isn't quite as good. But you can use more of it so...
Wait for it....

It all washes out in the end. [emoji23]

A small wet dry shop vac will remove the problem lots of vacuuming then spray just clear water only no soap. The same thing works for pet problems in the house. The wet dry vacuum will keep your carpets looking good. I know still cleaning carpets for the past 37 yrs. jz

Back