2016-2018 CX-9 Dash Kit

I have not installed one, but I would to cover up the piano black. It's nice, but it scratches way too easily no matter what you do. Personally that's a little too much wood treatment for me.. but I like the look of an ebony wood treatment in place of the piano black.

Finally the B&I Kit got here after months of waiting. I love it!
https://imgur.com/RuRgMJW
RuRgMJW

Wow, looks great! I especially like the shifter surround piece. Thanks for posting a pic.

Did your kit also come with overlays for the door switches on all four doors?

Yes Indeed; the door switches look amazing; when i get a chance i will upload some photos.

Yes Indeed; the door switches look amazing; when i get a chance i will upload some photos.

I'm considering a CF kit myself. However, the pictures CariD have posted in your link make the CF look like it is just a thin vinyl. I'd want it to look just like yours, but with a CF pattern. You ordered the 31-piece "small kit", correct?

You mentioned having to wait months for your kit. How long did it take from order to delivery?

I posted pics in the general area, I have the "real rosewood" and got the small dash kit which was perfect. It covers all the door panels, center console area, and some other extra pieces. The CF would be like ours, a thick kit overlay, not the cheap thin vinyl.

I posted pics in the general area, I have the "real rosewood" and got the small dash kit which was perfect. It covers all the door panels, center console area, and some other extra pieces. The CF would be like ours, a thick kit overlay, not the cheap thin vinyl.

Thanks!

Are you considering the real cf or the dark fiber kit? I think Im leaning towards the darker tone of the dark fiber... but not sure. Would love to have the opportunity to personally see the difference. Kind of hard going just by their website samples.

Are you considering the *real* cf or the dark fiber kit? I think I*m leaning towards the darker tone of the dark fiber... but not sure. Would love to have the opportunity to personally see the difference. Kind of hard going just by their website samples.

Not sure myself. It would definitely be a toss up between the two, but both website samples make the product look like it's the cheap vinyl cutout, and not the thick overlay that zoomzoom90 and ninja729 have. If I had to choose, I'd probably try the dark fiber kit just so that it looks close to piano black but still matches the other CF garnishes I have. I also want it to be subtle so it doesn't catch the eye as much, and dark so that the contrast is still there against the rosewood.

Not sure myself. It would definitely be a toss up between the two, but both website samples make the product look like it's the cheap vinyl cutout, and not the thick overlay that zoomzoom90 and ninja729 have. If I had to choose, I'd probably try the dark fiber kit just so that it looks close to piano black but still matches the other CF garnishes I have. I also want it to be subtle so it doesn't catch the eye as much, and dark so that the contrast is still there against the rosewood.

I agree. Im going to try contacting them cause Im pretty sure Ill only use the piece around the shifter and the door pieces. Itd be great if they only sold me those. The rest is going to go to waste.

I agree. I*m going to try contacting them cause I*m pretty sure I*ll only use the piece around the shifter and the door pieces. It*d be great if they only sold me those. The rest is going to go to waste.

Sounds good, let me know what they say. Like you, I would only be using the shifter trim and the door switch trims.

I should have paid more heed to the advice given here about the fragility of the piano black trim on the CX-9. Yesterday after filling up I was writing down the mileage with a ballpoint pen on the receipt and made the mistake of putting the paper on the piano black surface to the right of the shifter. Unbelievably after I was finished and picked up the receipt I could see a faint impression in the black plastic of the writing. I may see if I can polish it out with some Meguirs or Quixx that's been recommended elsewhere or may have to try one of these dash kits. I used to write on my old Toyota console all the time and never left a mark.

Back