Parchment leather

:
2016 CX-9 GT AWD
Anyone have a CX5 with parchment colored leather? I think ultimately I would have preferred black, but the white does look very nice. Just seems like it's going to be hard to keep clean, and toward the end of the life of the car I can't imagine the seats would look very nice as opposed to if they were black instead. How long has Mazda been doing parchment and can anyone testify to how they hold up over time?

I’ve not had any problem keeping them clean. I use autoglym interior cleaner and a damp leather. They’re as white as driven snow. Well, more like cream actually.

I own the black but I agree the parchment is sharp looking. First thing I did after the purchase was to apply Gyeon LeatherCoat to all the seats. It’s a SIO2 based protectant that supposedly helps prevent dye transfer. My observation had been that it works very well. Rain just beads up in the leather. There are other leather protectant products as well.

I've had my '16 for over 2-1/2 years and 28K miles and no problems with the parchment. A slight amount of dye transfer from blue jeans (which I wear 95% of the time) but it cleans off easily with Meguires interior wipes. I'd get the parchment interior again without any reservation.

2 children ages 7 and 10 and neighbor's dog - romps in the rear seat. Cleans perfectly using https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) followed by https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
What doesn't clean well: The center divider cubicle where the center divider folds into. That's not leather and its a bad design. The center divider's top surface catches dirt and grime and when you fold it back into the cubicle it transfers into the cloth there where it sticks and hard to remove.

I get a bit of a blue tint on the edges from bluejeans, but it easily comes off with normal leather cleaner...

The white is very classy and brightens up the interior. The black is easier to maintain and provides more concealment, especially at night with tinted windows. The parchment makes things more visible inside the vehicle at night.

I definitely want to follow this thread, and when its warmer here in CT I need to have my interior detailed on my 2016 GT and do a better job at keeping the parchment leather clean with a 11yo son and 2 greyhounds..

I wish they had a brown/tan or even grey option...

Two messy little boys and a dog all of whom we spend a LOT of time outdoors with - the white interior just seems like a bad idea.

Sure do look purrty though.

I just got a 2016 CX5 GT with parchment leather. Honestly when car shopping that wasn’t my first choice. I was looking for black leather interiors across many makes and models. When I saw the CX5 I just fell in love with it. I love that two toned look as some dash and door components are still black while constraining with the parchment leather. Lexus does an f pace model with two toned black/red and a few other high end models with a similar two color look.

I will definitely look into the products mentioned in this thread to keep it looking nice. I have a 2 and 5 year old, while in car seats they still are messy little beings.

I wish they had a brown/tan or even grey option...

Two messy little boys and a dog all of whom we spend a LOT of time outdoors with - the white interior just seems like a bad idea.

Sure do look purrty though.

The new Mazda 6 Signature has that brown Napa leather that is supposed to be really nice. In low res pictures looks like crap but I have been told in person looks fantastic.

The new Mazda 6 Signature has that brown Napa leather that is supposed to be really nice. In low res pictures looks like crap but I have been told in person looks fantastic.

i think someone would have to discount brown leather interior heavily for me to ever consider it. i don't know if it's because i'm relatively young (low 30s) but brown-colored anything is not appealing to me. Especially in a car, just reminds me of something very old and bland. Of course this is just my preference as there are very high end luxury cars with brown leather interior that people rave over.

And if they sold the 6 wagon here with a stick in that trim I'd happily buy one (rlaugh)

I was in the same situation, very cautious about the parchment interior. I use Perrone products, which are designed for high-end aircraft leather seats (private jets) and these products work amazing on both my Mazda and VW seats. I use the Perrone leather cleaner first and then follow with a Perrone conditioner. I use a horse hair brush which is gently but will get into the leather grain. I got all these products on www.skygeek.com but I'm sure you can find them on Amazon. Skygeek.com was cheaper than Amazon though.

http://www.skygeek.com/perrone-cc332-leather-cleaner-cond.html?utm_source=transactional&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional%2BEmails%2BItems

http://www.skygeek.com/perrone-cn216-conditioner-leather.html?utm_source=transactional&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional%2BEmails%2BItems

http://www.skygeek.com/perrone-br02-leather-cleaning-brush.html?utm_source=transactional&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional%2BEmails%2BItems

i think someone would have to discount brown leather interior heavily for me to ever consider it. i don't know if it's because i'm relatively young (low 30s) but brown-colored anything is not appealing to me. Especially in a car, just reminds me of something very old and bland. Of course this is just my preference as there are very high end luxury cars with brown leather interior that people rave over.

I'm 'only' 40 and I loves me some brown leather.

Sounds like you might be suffering from some of the same issues as the people that loath wagons around here (rlaugh)

I want the Dark blue/ white interior combo but am afraid of what may happen to the leather (not because of me, but kids in near future etc).

Does anyone know of a very light film/plastic cover you can get for leather seats? Similar to the see through 'bras' you can put on the front bumper etc.

I have the mica blue with parchment leather. If I had to do it over again I would go with a black interior. The parchment shows so much general dirt and just looks messy most of the time. Although I do have a small dog that is frequently in the car. For me I should have done black leather with my dog but maybe with no dog parchment is ok. I will say that when parchment leather is clean it does look great.

The NAPA leather would be a great addition to the CX5. Now, that's a true high grade leather interior.

Great feedback here. I have a 2015 MAzda 6 and am considering upgrading to the 2018 GT (Navy with white interior). Definitely was wondering how it held up. The consensus is that it does get dirty but it is easy to clean.

I did an interior job on my current car. Swapped out the black cloth for a reddish/brown leather interior - similar to the Cx9 signature color but a bit more bright. It's pretty cool and unique. Unfortunately the company doesnt offer the job for the new gen mazda 6 yet. They have it for the CX5 though so the Mazda 6 should come soon. Otherwise id swap out either the white/black leather for a tan. Im a fan of navy/tan.

Back