2017~2024 Jackpot deal yesterday! But...I have a couple easy questions

michaelbarth

:
2018 CX-5 AWD Touring with Preferred Equipment Package
Just scored an '18 CX-5 AWD Touring with Preferred Equipment Package for $25,984 out the door (not including TTL), because it had 2600 miles on it as the first owner changed their mind after owning it 1 month. Brockton, MA. Yay for me, but...

1) To switch from one bluetooth phone to another (like if my phone is connected but my daughter wants to use hers instead), do I really have to go into settings, sound, bluetooth, etc? That's a whole lot of CRAZY unless there's a better way.

2) The spare tire has a plastic top that says BOSE...is that the subwoofer or something?

3) No Sirius XM? That is so 1996 I can't even believe it. Is there an aftermarket upgrade that would seamlessly work with the connect system to provide that?

4) Click on Pandora and you just get a spinning wheel. Does not work. Firmware is 504 unfortunately so I can't hack it.

Jackpot deal yesterday! But...I have a couple easy questions

Just scored an '18 CX-5 AWD Touring with Preferred Equipment Package for $25,984 out the door (not including TTL), because it had 2600 miles on it as the first owner changed their mind after owning it 1 month. Brockton, MA. Yay for me, but...

1) To switch from one bluetooth phone to another (like if my phone is connected but my daughter wants to use hers instead), do I really have to go into settings, sound, bluetooth, etc? That's a whole lot of CRAZY unless there's a better way.

2) The spare tire has a plastic top that says BOSE...is that the subwoofer or something?

3) No Sirius XM? That is so 1996 I can't even believe it. Is there an aftermarket upgrade that would seamlessly work with the connect system to provide that?

4) Click on Pandora and you just get a spinning wheel. Does not work. Firmware is 504 unfortunately so I can't hack it.
It definitely is a good deal! But if I were you I'd be wondering why the previous owner wanted to take big loss and dumped his a month old 2018 CX-5?

1) I have to do the same to switch from one bluetooth phone to another.

2) That's the tiny subwoofer for your Bose.

3) Your 2018 CX-5 GT should come with SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription to the Sirius All Access package. May be the previous owner had activated it and now you have to re-activate it with different owner and pay for it.

4) You should have Pandora Internet radio integration but I have never used it. Do you need an Internet access of your own to use it? May have to go to your dealer to resolve it.

It definitely is a good deal! But if I were you I'd be wondering why the previous owner wanted to take big loss and dumped his a month old 2018 CX-5?

1) I have to do the same to switch from one bluetooth phone to another.

2) That's the tiny subwoofer for your Bose.

3) Your 2018 CX-5 GT should come with SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription to the Sirius All Access package. May be the previous owner had activated it and now you have to re-activate it with different owner and pay for it.

4) You should have Pandora Internet radio integration but I have never used it. Do you need an Internet access of your own to use it? May have to go to your dealer to resolve it.

Pandora streams through your phone through the radio over the bluetooth. Likely something isn't working right with the bluetooth.

To clarify, I just have the touring, not the GT. I'll assume that means no XM radio.

To clarify, I just have the touring, not the GT. I'll assume that means no XM radio.
Yep I misread your post. You have an '18 CX-5 AWD Touring with Preferred Equipment Package and only GT has SiriusXM Satellite Radio.

Congrats on your new CX-5. You're gonna enjoy it. It says you can have up to 7 Bluetooth devices hooked up. Follow this link for more info http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/howto-managedevices?language=en-US

I think the Bose system sounds great, The Sub pumps out some really good bass for how little it is. I have Centerpoint and AudioPilot checked, I personally think it sounds better. But thats personal taste.

RE: Bluetoothing 2 phones. The BT will always try to connect to the last device it was connected to. So if you 2 are together and you were last in the car it will connect to you. If you are not around, it will auto connect to her.

Pandora can be sketchy. What phone do you have?

Try and find out WHY the previous owner sold it after only 2,000 miles of owning it?

That driver probably lost $6,000 or more on that deal. Which is a heavy hit and seems odd.

I don't know and wouldn't trust a dealer to give a straight story anyway. If the prior owner committed suicide in it, I doubt they would tell a prospective buyer that. Anyway, I realized all of his information was still programmed into the navigation so I could have called him, but I decided against it and just wiped the system back to factory settings.

I don't know and wouldn't trust a dealer to give a straight story anyway. If the prior owner committed suicide in it, I doubt they would tell a prospective buyer that. Anyway, I realized all of his information was still programmed into the navigation so I could have called him, but I decided against it and just wiped the system back to factory settings.

Agreed. You have a great ride. If there is something wrong with it then it will be fixed under warranty. More likely, there was some personal or financial reason the last owner had to sell. Just enjoy it and Grin a lot.

Agreed. You have a great ride. If there is something wrong with it then it will be fixed under warranty. More likely, there was some personal or financial reason the last owner had to sell. Just enjoy it and Grin a lot.
My main concern is the vehicle might be involved an accident before and got fixed in private without reporting to the insurance. There was one member here bought a fairly new used CX-5 but having some weird SCBS issues. Ended up his CX-5 did involve a frontal collision but didn't show the incident in any of the history reports.

Back