MZDA WLF Proteg5 "build"

it's like my p5 but 100% better lol

Lol. I dunno, this needs some love. Engine was displaying misbehavior for a few days, though it stopped. I*m gonna do oil and sea foam the hell out of it, as well as spark plugs

Here*s a pic with the big brakes after detailing the car:
DmN4pnyVsAARtrv

Here's a picture of my stock brakes after removing the wheel..

I feel jealous and sad.

Lol. I dunno, this needs some love. Engine was displaying misbehavior for a few days, though it stopped. I*m gonna do oil and sea foam the hell out of it, as well as spark plugs

guess you haven't been in my p5 thread yet! Haha

Here's a picture of my stock brakes after removing the wheel..

I feel jealous and sad.

Holy crap! I did my big brakes cause the white car was starting to need a brake replacement. Sure as hell wasnt gonna let those STAY with the car I*m not keeping

Got the Depo headlights off the white car, reinstalled the originals on that car, and put the projectors in the Depos, which are now on the black car. I think it looks sweet, and the HIDs certainly work great when behind super clear lenses.
Dm1TJX5U4AAoE2A.jpg

Seafoam, new spark plugs, and fresh motor oil have everything working wonderfully now. Definitely more peppy than before!

Over here from Reddit (was curious to the happenings of the white car)

Out of curiosity, did you end up keeping the motor from the white one, or did that go with the car when it was finally let go? Have you had any other engine woes on the black one??

I LOVE how the HIDs look in P5 housings. I've got a set in mine and since the projectors are bixenon, I've got high beams from those as well as the factory halogen highs. Nighttime turns to daytime pretty quickly :D

Hope the car has been treating ya well!!

Over here from Reddit (was curious to the happenings of the white car)

Out of curiosity, did you end up keeping the motor from the white one, or did that go with the car when it was finally let go? Have you had any other engine woes on the black one??

I LOVE how the HIDs look in P5 housings. I've got a set in mine and since the projectors are bixenon, I've got high beams from those as well as the factory halogen highs. Nighttime turns to daytime pretty quickly :D

Hope the car has been treating ya well!!
I technically still have the white car hahaha, but the black car has been behaving fine! Recently dropped the oil pan to seal it better, as it was leaking badly.

Well, I swapped in the center console and cupholders from my *03 today. My girlfriend and I have been eating fast food lately, and having a better-functioning cupholder became more appealing.

Seafoam, new spark plugs,...

How did the seafoam work out for you ?

There's been a bit of a controversy over it lately.

I put half a can in with my new oil every oil change (3000 Miles) and a shot in the gas every fill up.

It's been working good for me.

Last edited:
The only bad thing I've heard about it on this forum was when one guys' car backfired and blew the air intake onto the driveway.
(it wasn't a P5 though)

He said it was worth it for the entertainment value.

The only bad thing I've heard about it on this forum was when one guys' car backfired and blew the air intake onto the driveway.
(it wasn't a P5 though)

He said it was worth it for the entertainment value.
That*s WILD, dude. Sounds like there may have been some other issues. I use the spray stuff that uses a straw before the TB, and it seems to do a great job.

Snapped an engine mount today while driving local backroads with a group of other car people. The PO had left one of the mounting bolts out of it (damaged threads in the hole), which probably led to metal fatigue. So I installed a new one, put the right bolt in the hole that was previously empty, and bam, problem solved.

Okay so time for an update about my car:
I*ve stopped ignoring all my oil loss and re-sealed both the oil pan and the valve cover, both of which were leaking a bit. Also I*m in the process of flushing out the engine to get rid of the sludge in my oil rings, as it*s been burning a decent amount of oil too. So far, ive done one flush using Liqui-Moly 2037, and intend to do another in a week (I*m running cheap synthetic and a cheap filter in the interim). After the first flush, I*m noticing the car starts easier, runs quieter, and smokes less (I expect some smoke while what is still in the exhaust burns off). So in a week, I*ll do it again, and start running Idemitsu Zepro 5W-30, which some friends have recommended to me for the type of use my engine sees. At 200k miles, I*m gonna do a third flush just cause.
Also I got stickier tires now, they make for much fun on the mountain roads around here.

Just did CorkSport shift bushings. Feels a little tighter than I*d like, but significantly less play in the shifter so it*s a win.

ah i know which p5 this is from the fb groups now. hehe. i had asked about the product and process you used for flushing on your post. did the oil turn out extra dark when you did your flush? i have a bit of consumption too and go through about 2 quarts between oil changes. some say this is acceptable for a high mileage engine lol.

Yes it did turn very dark. I noticed some smoke this morning, but it was pretty white and could easily have been either condensation (was 50f and foggy), or some leftover ATF that didn*t completely burn off yesterday when I poured some down the spark plug tubes to let it soak in and clean up the tops of the piston rings

D28Xk55U0AAxXg1
was doing some runs on the local touge and I broke my gearbox. It*s stuck in fourth. I*m gonna swap in the trans from the white car soon.

Back