MZDA WLF Proteg5 "build"

Well I finally have more of an idea of a direction I want to take this car in. I've decided I'd like to do a full MSP suspension with MSP wheels for this car. Should give a little more sporty ride while not making it uncomfortable for me to drive daily, and achieve a slightly lower stance. Essentially as though the factory offered a high-performance suspension package for the P5

Been a long time since I posted here*
On July 3, I was rear ended in my car. I have been driving it since, but it very well may get totaled, meaning the project will move on to another P5. I have had some great times in this car both before and after the collision, and will fill you in on some of those after finishing up with insurance.
DhOuOCPUcAE0YZs.jpg
DhOuOCSVQAA3dSm.jpg
DhOuOCSUEAA7AW2.jpg

awh man noo! the main thing is that you're alright. good to hear you're healing up well.
hope to see another build from you goin on the near future.

So I heard today definitively that my white car is being totaled. It*ll be very sad to part ways. However, I have found a replacement car that seems to be a good deal locally, and have enough left over from insurance to buy my white one for parts, so I can swap my big brakes over, as well as some other bits to let the white one live on in the new one. Driving that white one made me the happiest girl around, so I*m very much infected with the P5 bug. The probable next one is black.

Okay so insurance paid me out, and now I get to post these pics. On July 9, a few days after getting hit, my car club did autocross at Sonoma Raceway here in California. I had a blast, and made improvements on my technique that really showed when I took one final backroads run in the car last weekend.
DlomJMVV4AA7zfp.jpg
DlomJMTUwAEzNuz.jpg
DlomJLqUUAAIfBY.jpg
DlomJLqV4AAEOtL.jpg
DhpGkeDUEAAtmPf.jpg

Last edited:
Got a new car this past Tuesday (August 28), a Black Pearl 2002. Previous owner put it on Tein S-Tech springs, KYB struts, added a Magnaflow catback, eBay cold air intake, and did an HID projector conversion. A friend of mine and I are in the process of swapping parts from the white car over to this one.
DlvnMnOUYAAA7S_
DlvnMnOUwAAu1m5
DlvnMnQUwAA0BIo
DlvnMnhUYAAV-es

Last edited:
Looks good! Excited to see what you'll bring to the table with the new ride :)

Btw, if you're ever willing to part ways with the roof rack caps.. let me know!

Looks good! Excited to see what you'll bring to the table with the new ride :)

Btw, if you're ever willing to part ways with the roof rack caps.. let me know!

They*re so brittle that they are breaking when pulled off, sorry.

Threw a few bits from the white car onto the black one over the past couple days. Swapped on the 2003 wheels/tires, the MPV wiper switch, and also swapped steering wheels so I don't have to grip one with sticky, deteriorating leather. More to come soon.
Dl81drHVAAEbPlz.jpg:large

They*re so brittle that they are breaking when pulled off, sorry.

no worries at all! haha, i remember a few months back i found a mp5 with a full roof rack in a junkyard. as soon as i grabbed at it, it crumbled. crushed my dreams..

Got the roof racks on last night, and the big brakes tonight. I'll have a pic of the brakes tomorrow after detailing the car.
DmGsIqnVsAACDjz.jpg:large

good job so far! sorry to see and learn you had to part with the white one. it looked in such great shape.

Back