MZDA WLF Proteg5 "build"

:
2002 Protegé5
MZDA WLF Proteg5 "build"

SO about a month ago, I purchased my Pure White 2003 P5. So far, I've replaced engine mounts, tires (Continental ExtremeContact DWS06), oil, and spark plugs. The car has 181k miles at time of this post, and somehow doesn't leak any fluids or show any signs of oil consumption. The only mod I've done so far is cutting out the area in the grille horizontal support right below the intake snorkel, but I have more things I would like to do to the car.
DW1_5YSV4AMPrx0.jpg
DW7UPp4U8AAaM8H.jpg

Really pretty! I'm especially digging how clear your headlights are. I gotta clear mine out some day...

I did the same grille mod on my P5, only I cut out quite a lot more. Would you say that you've increased engine noise by any, or are you even able to tell? I believe it is the case for my car.

Jealous, thats how mine would look if the clear coat wasn't coming off and the front bumper is cracked. Welcome to the P5 family!

Really pretty! I'm especially digging how clear your headlights are. I gotta clear mine out some day...

I did the same grille mod on my P5, only I cut out quite a lot more. Would you say that you've increased engine noise by any, or are you even able to tell? I believe it is the case for my car.

I buffed the hell out of mine. Im replacing the headlamp housings soon cause theyre still not in good shape. As for the grille mod, the car does pull easier up hills, and I got the idea when I saw your build thread.

Nice man, glad I could inspire you to do so!

Someday, I'll take my car to a dyno to get some "true" results about it. Hope it serves you well.

Woot did the MPV wiper switch upgrade today. perfect timing, since we are going to be getting rain most of this week in my area.
DYI68JhV4AEB9Ei.jpg

Okay so long overdue update. The car has new headlight housings (Depo). They look FAR better than the old ones, even after I buffed out the old ones.
DYhUPd_VQAYaeHB.jpg:large
DYhUUmCVoAAOvOb.jpg:large

Also put in a new headunit because I wanted modern smartphone integration.
DZK1G6JVMAAimy4.jpg:large

Those headlights look miles better! I bet they perform better too.

What head unit is that? looks quite sleek and fits quite well in the factory housing.

Just replaced the VICS solenoid the other day, and damn its nice to have that system function properly, even though I rarely have the engine that high in the rev range.

Keeping the thread alive (sort of), I figured I'd post a pic I took today after spending several hours detailing the interior of the car, as well as washing and waxing the paint
509y0ssi6jv01.jpg

I will be putting the car in a small show on Friday the 11th at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, in case anyone in the area is interested. Show is 11AM-5PM
BLFC-AwooCru-Car-Show-Flyer-4x6.png

Last edited:
Just got my P5 about a week ago, ordered a new upper and lower grill to replace the broken-ish ones. I'm glad I saw that air flow mod - definitely helped when I did it to every other car I've owned.

Diggin that clean look and those clear lights.

Just got my P5 about a week ago, ordered a new upper and lower grill to replace the broken-ish ones. I'm glad I saw that air flow mod - definitely helped when I did it to every other car I've owned.

Diggin that clean look and those clear lights.
Congrats on the car! Also thanks, I definitely put a lot of time into making my car not look tired and old. I just did new brakes today and will be posting a photo soon

Okay, update time! Lot of new stuff yesterday. Did the big brake stuff from the Mazda6 and 626, stainless brake hoses, and also got my new license plate
bpoozsimpny01.jpg
q312ra5upny01.jpg

Last edited:
Back