This might be a dumb question...

ColoradoDriver

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD - 132k miles
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
So just for my benefit, even though I just changed my own oil for the first time, can I still find those oil change reminder stickers somewhere? LOL

I am out of warranty at this point, but I suppose I still need to keep some sort of record of service? Any specific format?

just buy a little pocket notebook and leave it in the glove box. document each service (and mileage) in it for easy reference.

Isn't there something that Mazda provided so you can track that stuff? Like a maintenance booklet or part of the owners manual?

Isn't there something that Mazda provided so you can track that stuff? Like a maintenance booklet or part of the owners manual?

Like in the pouch where the manual was? Maybe...I'll have to take a look.

The little stickers are free at Autozone, & Advance Auto. They are frequently out of them, or you may have to ask for them.

years ago you used to be able to do it on Mazda's website under the owners section.
it would show dealer services but you could add your own as well.
Not sure if that's still out there but these days there's plenty of apps that can help track all that stuff for you.

I change mine every 5k on the fives so it’s much easier to remember. There are apps out now for maintenance logs.

Here is a web site that shows what a generic service book looks like. Just print out these pages in multiple and staple them together and you have got a service booklet (that Mazda never gave you). There are quite a few pages so just click to next page.
https://picclick.co.uk/20-x-Vehicle-Service-Book-Blank-Car-History-201857095034.html#&gid=1&pid=2

I think Raj 'wins' this thread. Nice find,

There are some amazing apps out there, but I think C-D was looking for something he can pass on when it's time to trade inn or sell the car, yea?

I think Raj 'wins' this thread. Nice find,

There are some amazing apps out there, but I think C-D was looking for something he can pass on when it's time to trade inn or sell the car, yea?

Not necessarily for that reason as I plan to hold onto this car for many more years/miles to come.

Just seemed like a good idea to keep track of service.

Not necessarily for that reason as I plan to hold onto this car for many more years/miles to come.

Just seemed like a good idea to keep track of service.

For my previous vehicles I just wrote it down on the blank pages in the back of the owners manual. But now they may want receipts and such. I’ve read where people write the VIN # on the receipt. It depends on how finicky the dealer/corporate gets.

For my previous vehicles I just wrote it down on the blank pages in the back of the owners manual. But now they may want receipts and such. I’ve read where people write the VIN # on the receipt. It depends on how finicky the dealer/corporate gets.

I am out of warranty, but figured it was still a good idea to keep track.

Then get an app. Feulio tracks all that and more. aCar is another.

just buy a little pocket notebook and leave it in the glove box. document each service (and mileage) in it for easy reference.
This's what I've been doing for our vehicles in many years ⋯

Back