Rain Guards / All-Weather Mats

:
2016 CX-9 GT AWD
Hey all, I just purchased a 2017 CX5 GT and I'm in serious need of rain guards and all-weather mats. I was curious as to what the opinion is of getting it stock from the dealer versus going aftermarket. My intention now is to buy the guards and have them installed by the dealer and then going to Amazon and buying the Husky all-weather mats (they cover more surface area than the stock albeit it a little higher price)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Anyone have any other recommendations? Also thinking about getting one for the trunk as well.

The window visors are really easy to install, don't pay the dealer to do it. I'm using the oem visors and they work well. The visors have clips that goes into the window channel but it kind of makes a scratching sound when rolling window up so I ended up just ripping all the clips out. The tape holds well so I'm not worried about it coming off. As for the floor mats, I got the oem ones for the trunk and interior.

I have OEM. Wish I'd have gone husky. Get the husky.

For weather mats, I went Tuxmat, very satisfied. I tried Weathertechs on the 16', but the the Tuxmat are much better.

Personally I like the OEM mats better. They may not have the same coverage as the Husky Liner, but I found the Husky and Weathertech in other's cars to be slippery and not as visually appealing.

Hey all, I just purchased a 2017 CX5 GT and I'm in serious need of rain guards and all-weather mats. I was curious as to what the opinion is of getting it stock from the dealer versus going aftermarket. My intention now is to buy the guards and have them installed by the dealer and then going to Amazon and buying the Husky all-weather mats (they cover more surface area than the stock albeit it a little higher price)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Anyone have any other recommendations? Also thinking about getting one for the trunk as well.

For weather mats, I went Husky Liners very satisfied, perfect fit for 2017 CX-5.

Can I purchase Tuxmat here in the USA?

yea but $200... Even the husky is $15 cheaper.

I'm either going to just buy the mazda mats (~$210 after tax and 10% off from dealer) (front, back, cargo) and the mazda rain guards
or go really cheap on the mats and spend $50 (front, back, cargo) on an amazon basics set and trim it myself

desperately need rain guards though, between the snow and the rain the last few days i've been wanting them

Hmm the husky floor mats looks good and offer more protection than the OEM ones, covers the dead pedal and the hump in the backseat. How's the material? Does it get slippery when wet as someone mentioned?

Any day now, the Husky X-Act liners will be available. These are the heavy virgin rubber ones. They were supposed to be available last December, but there have been delays due to a manufacturing problem according to the person at Husky that I have been in contact.

I looked at the WeatherTech and Husky mats for my CX-5, and ended up going with 3D Maxpider mats. I can honestly say I'm 100% glad I listened to the random Reddit/forum comment that turned me onto this brand. These are hands-down the best mats I've ever owned, and IMO they look way better than WT or Husky mats. They are crazily slip-resistant when your shoes are wet, and they look like they belong in the car. Perfect fit as well, both front and rear.

I looked at the WeatherTech and Husky mats for my CX-5, and ended up going with 3D Maxpider mats. I can honestly say I'm 100% glad I listened to the random Reddit/forum comment that turned me onto this brand. These are hands-down the best mats I've ever owned, and IMO they look way better than WT or Husky mats. They are crazily slip-resistant when your shoes are wet, and they look like they belong in the car. Perfect fit as well, both front and rear.

Where did you buy them from?

I prefer the premium OEM ones from Mazda. I got a set for the front and they are great. You can't get them from US dealers, but Mazdashop.ca sells them (https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...ium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018)

They are like Husky or Weathertech in they have high sides and a dead pedal cover build in, but they are a sort of textured material that feels really good and looks better than the smoother plastic of the others. They are very similar in look to the 3dmaxpider ones that I'd also get over Husky or Weathertech:

00VP-CX-5FL1-0_e398eecd-7b27-4882-bd86-21146892bf8d.png

00VP-CX-5FL1-0_7.png

Last edited:
I prefer the premium OEM ones from Mazda. I got a set for the front and they are great. You can't get them from US dealers, but Mazdashop.ca sells them (https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...ium-floor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018)

They are like Husky or Weathertech in they have high sides and a dead pedal cover build in, but they are a sort of textured material that feels really good and looks better than the smoother plastic of the others. They are very similar in look to the 3dmaxpider ones that I'd also get over Husky or Weathertech:

Those are nice but pricey at $250 for the set (shocked)

Where did you buy them from?

I actually got them on Walmart.com. I hate Walmart, but I used eBates and they were also only $150. They've since dropped to around $120 I believe, I'm about to submit a price protection claim with Discover lol. But they are very similar to the Mazda OEM mats that are pointed out in the post above mine, but way cheaper and a tad better looking IMO.

EDIT: My bad, they are back to ~$150: https://www.walmart.com/ip/3D-MAXpi...Pattern-Gray-Floor-Mat-L1MZ05801501/326938386

Last edited:
Can I purchase Tuxmat here in the USA?

I do not know if they have a US distributor, but they do ship to the US.

What I like about them is that they go very high everywhere, you do not see any carpet floor. At the back they even go under the back seat to make sure you have full coverage.

Back