Adding Dynamat to a 2017 cx5 non bose?

adamse

:
cx-5
I know that the 2017+ are quieter than the previous gen models. Has anyone added dynamat or sound deadening materials to their cars yet?

But why? It is quite a quiet car. If you wanted to put damping behind the door card, ie.around the speaker, to reduce speaker vibration and resonance, that I can understand but why rest of the car. I am reminded of a joke.
Some one complained that Sweden was a very expensive country and the other guy replied "go to Norway first and then come to Sweden. You will then find that it is very cheap country!"
In a similar manner, all dissatisfied by the noise in CX-5, first go and drive VW Tiguan, Kia sportage, RAV4 hybrid with whining CVT and atkinson engine and then come back to Mazda CX-5.

Secondly there is something called diminishing return for your effort in an already quiet car. It is not worth it and it comes from a guy who has heavily sound insulated a small and noisy Toyota Aygo by tearing out the whole interior and double insulated the car a few years ago and it worked wonders in the noisy Aygo. But I would not think of doing it here.

Last edited:
Perfect, thats what I wanted to know. I know that the new cx5's are quieter than the last gen. I'm buying the car brand new and I'm new to the car audio modifying scene. I read that you'll get better sound quality if you add sound deadening materials to a car but since are cars are already quiet... would that just be diminishing returns? Thanks for the answer.

Back