Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Alternative to CX-5

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by banjos-n-beer View Post
    Not my favorite attribute, but I think floating roofs (whether separated by glass or paint) are much more of an eyesore. Moreso on crossovers and suvs.
    I agree with that as well. It is more distracting in my opinion than what the desired effect is supposed to be. I think the Nissan Murano has the same concept but while better looking still not my cup of tea. I hope I didn’t get my vehicles mixed up.

What's our motto around here? Each to thier own. I like the floaty roof lines. LOL

Registered Member

Best Alternative to Cx-5

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    What's our motto around here? Each to thier own. I like the floaty roof lines. LOL
    I like the idea but with the Volvo they designed the feature but the effect is not floating. It just looks like a two toned top.

Edit to add: the upper part looks like that glossy black trim stuff. My experience with that is it scratches and swirls pretty easily
    Last edited by Puyapim; 03-06-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Sonic Silver Premium Package

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    I agree with your point. The bang for the buck that Mazda gives you really cinched the choice for me. VW and some other brands start to get real expensive once you hit top trim.
    The bang for the buck and the premium feel is what sold us on the CX-5. My DD is an Audi A4 and I don't feel like I've significantly stepped down when I get in the CX-5. I guess the CR-V would be the next best choice based on reviews but I can't get past the overwrought styling.
    '17 Mazda CX-5 Sonic Silver/Black, GT AWD, Premium Package
    '17 Audi A4 S-Line, Ibis White/Nougat, Premium Plus
    '16 Honda Accord LX, Modern Steel/Gray

2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by finch204 View Post
    I agree that the BMW X3 brand new, is too expensive to compare to the CX-5. That's why I said you will have to dip into the CPO market to try and find one, even then, it might still be quite expensive. If I'm not mistaken, the BMW X3 was, might still be, the benchmark for the Mazda CX-5. They occupy the same "compact suv" segment and they are both "sporty" suvs. Mazda even took inspiration from BMW's iDrive system when they created their Commander Knob/infotainment system. This is why I think barring price, the X3 is the only alternative to the CX-5. And if Mazda decides to drop the 2.5T engine into the CX-5, then you wouldn't even need to consider the X3.

Now if money was not a limiting factor and I don't have any issues paying for a brand new BMW X3, I might as well get a Macan. It is a little bit smaller, but it is more performance oriented than both the CX-5 and X3, which is what I would want.

Edit: to get back on topic for the OP, I would recommend getting another CX-5 even if it doesn't have AA or Carplay.
    If using Mazda Canada's website to compare vehicles, they actually compare it to an X1, and it's also what the sales reps compared it too. But there is definitely a blurred line there, since the X3 is only marginally larger than the CX-5 and X1. And to make everything a little more confusing there's an X2 coming now too, hahahaha.

Back on topics, yes, the CX-5 is the best in segment under $40k imo.
    Last edited by DubbuD; 03-07-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    Current:
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

Past:
    2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 AWD Tech Package (Scrap )
    2005 Toyota Echo Sedan (Sold)
    2004 Ford F-150 Triton FX-4 Crew Cab (Sold)
    2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t Premium (Sold)
    2005 Honda Civic DX (Sold)
    1999 Honda Civic SE (Sold)

2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    F-Pace if $$$ were no object.
    I've been told that the QC is very lacking on the F-Pace and as a result the vehicles are not very reliable. Looks like a nice machine though. I used to think I'd want one of them until the below came out.

Quote Originally Posted by banjos-n-beer View Post
    I used to think that way, but now I'd go with the Stelvio.
    God I want the Quadrifoglio version of this or the Giulia. Such sexy beast machines. They go zoom and look/sound dam good doing it.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

was 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav, now 190ps DSG Tiguan 4M

New X3 is a lot larger than a CX-5.
    Nearest is the X2.

X1 was once described as the worst car BMW has made, although the latest version has improved it still only gets average reports

Quote Originally Posted by DubbuD View Post
    If using Mazda Canada's website to compare vehicles, they actually compare it to an X1, and it's also what the sales reps compared it too. But there is definitely a blurred line there, since the X3 is only marginally larger than the CX-5 and X1.

Back on topics, yes, the CX-5 is the best in segment under $40k imo.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by DubbuD View Post
    I've been told that the QC is very lacking on the F-Pace and as a result the vehicles are not very reliable. Looks like a nice machine though. I used to think I'd want one of them until the below came out.

God I want the Quadrifoglio version of this or the Giulia. Such sexy beast machines. They go zoom and look/sound dam good doing it.
    Rofl, and in the next thread everyone bags on Chrysler....

2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by xtrailman View Post
    Nearest is the X2.

X1 was once described as the worst car BMW has made, although the latest version has improved it still only gets average reports
    I saw the new X2 at Cars and Coffee Dallas last Saturday. To me it looks smaller than a CX-5. It is more like a hatchback but looks like a CUV/SUV. It was also $50k LOL.

--------
    The Stelvio is a good looking car, but considering the reliability issues with the Guila, I would stay away from the Stelvio. They were testing a Quadrifoglio version of the Stelvio and it broke down in the middle of the street in LA LOL. I'll stick with a CX-5.

All Mazda really needs to do is drop the 2.5T into the CX-5 and we won't even need to consider luxury brands.

2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by finch204 View Post
    I saw the new X2 at Cars and Coffee Dallas last Saturday. To me it looks smaller than a CX-5. It is more like a hatchback but looks like a CUV/SUV. It was also $50k LOL.

--------
    The Stelvio is a good looking car, but considering the reliability issues with the Guila, I would stay away from the Stelvio. They were testing a Quadrifoglio version of the Stelvio and it broke down in the middle of the street in LA LOL. I'll stick with a CX-5.

All Mazda really needs to do is drop the 2.5T into the CX-5 and we won't even need to consider luxury brands.
    That makes me sad for the Alfa.

But yeah, 2.5T and we're all zoom zooming the same as a luxury car anyway, lol.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by xtrailman View Post
    Nearest is the X2.

Funny you mention it because I edited my post before I read this, lmao. I realized after that the X2 is a thing now. Hahaha.

Registered Member

2018 3 Sport GT MANUAL

*sigh*

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/06/...but-forbidden/

2018 Mazda6 Wagon: Beautiful but forbidden

Registered Member

That is a sharp looking wagon. The so called “experts” say that US consumers don’t want a wagon but I read and hear a lot of people saying just the opposite. Look at the popularity of the Subaru Outback. Call it a suv or crossover if you want but it’s a wagon.

Registered Member

2018 3 Sport GT MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    That is a sharp looking wagon. The so called “experts” say that US consumers don’t want a wagon but I read and hear a lot of people saying just the opposite. Look at the popularity of the Subaru Outback. Call it a suv or crossover if you want but it’s a wagon.
    To be fair, that's mostly enthusiasts on enthusiast forums and/or auto journalists writing for enthusiast magazines, web sites etc.

Us enthusiasts sadly make up a paltry fraction of the actual car buying public. But as another thread/poster notes, perhaps a cladded and tarted up 6 wagon sold as a 'crossover' competitive to the Buick TourX, Subaru Outback and VW Alltrack would work for Mazda as appealing to the mouth breathing masses and be 'close enough' for us enthusiasts.

2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual

love that interior!!! that's a great looking wagon.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast